Shelby gt500 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Shelby gt500 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by CVP33 Hate to burst your bubble but the new 2013 M5 just did it's lightning lap. And ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post

Hate to burst your bubble but the new 2013 M5 just did it's lightning lap. And you know those German engineers wouldn't be taking their last beating lightly, so they'd be gunning for the V. Well they uber-failed! 3:05 in their 4 year newer sports sedan. Wha' happonned fellas? Shitzin!

And before anyone gets too impressed by the Shelby's 3:00, it was bested by the ZL1's 2:57 and nearly so by the 1/2 priced Camaro SS1LE's 3:01.
    Somehow, you make me sound wrong when you just confirmed what I posted...
    CVP33, CVP33, Trapspeed and 1 others like this.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Re: Shelby gt500

That was not, not the intent. Wait what?

hmm...

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

yeah I was trying to figure out how the same information bursts your bubble. I guess you'll have to wait a few weeks for your bubble to really get burst.....when the Patriots get eliminated by yet to be named Team X.

Quote Originally Posted by 6104696 View Post
    yeah I was trying to figure out how the same information bursts your bubble. I guess you'll have to wait a few weeks for your bubble to really get burst.....when the Patriots get eliminated by yet to be named Team X.
    You and Chris need to get a room.

Lifelong Dolphins fan here. I hate the Patriots...

Detroit Lions fan here......doubtful that any of us could be in the same room for any length of time.

Haha. Probably...

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I'm a diehard fan of whomever is winning. This week, it's the Redskins. Next week, probably not.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by needstires View Post
    Thanks I'm going in the AM to test drive a couple of 12. Left overs the dealer said they need to blow them out ill tow the Shelby with me and see what happens . Ill let everyone know what happens tomorrow nite .......
    How did the test drives go, Needstires? I'm happy to help if you have any V questions! Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

needstires is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needstires
    I currently own a GT 500 with 3000 miles on it it has suspension / brakes engine mods its making over 600 hp it handles like a vett . Runs mid 11 s with street tires not drag radials . I'm looking at a 12 ctsv sedan with a auto . What do you guys think should I trade the ford ?
    Well I test drove the V all I can say is its almost too nice of a car for someone like me I beat a car to death and then kill it again . I don't think I could beat a V like that its morally wrong . The caddy is what I call safety fast its quick and safe feeling the Shelby is dangerous fast you never know what direction it's going to go in when your on it . The Shelby is faster but uncomfortable fast the caddy gives you confidence to push harder . Well we are 1 k apart on the price of the 2012 gray car with 7 k miles its the waiting game now . I don't think there going to sell it because it doesn't have a sunroof . That I don't want anyway but I dident mention it to them .they call me this am and asked what I was doing in I told them I was still looking around . I will let you know what happens . Thanks for asking .

Just remember for about $4k in mods you can take that safe-fast to crazy-fast and put down 600+rwhp at the wheels. Easily good for 10.8x 1/4 miles and infinitely more fun on the street. Just something about breaking traction at 60mph with 3 passengers........that'll put a smile on yer' face.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

The Shelby is faster but uncomfortable fast the caddy gives you confidence to push harder .
    I agree, to make the V step out on the street and even have a hint of being nervous, I just cant bring myseld to drive it that hard.
    I'll do that at the track, I already have a court date for 70 in a 35 zone this month, if I got busted again trying to get the V out of shape on the street, I may not be driving fir a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by DCV

I agree, to make the V step out on the street and even have a hint of being nervous, I just cant bring myseld to drive it that hard.
    I'll do that at the track, I already have a court date for 70 in a 35 zone this month, if I got busted again trying to get the V out of shape on the street, I may not be driving fir a long time.
    Hi it's needstires again . If you want to drive your car hard or fast check these sites out one is called hooked on driving and the other is NASA hpd there both great places o run your car I'm an instructor or you can call it a coach they run track events all over the country at the road courses I teach here in NJ and at pocono raceway also lime ock in conn. these are really great places to learn about you ability and you limits of your car . People with little or no track time go out with a coach and they will teach you how to enter the corners and exit them the rite way also you can go as fast as you feel comfortable with after some practice and a few events you can go out on track by your self . It's not really cheep but a lot cheeper than a reckless driving ticket . They have different run groups depending on your ability and track experience . You get to run in 20 or 25 minute sessions four or 5 times in a day some of them last 1 2 or 3 days . It's a ton of fun . And it never hurts to learn how to really drive these type of cars .or any toe of cars I've seen jeeps and pickup on track . It's something to think about anyway .

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

I was a licensed motorcycle road racer for a few years, in CCS and WERA. If I get on the track I know I'll switch to "competition mode" in my brain and have a great desire for late braking and stuffing people, all fair of ourse but if I'm inside and have the first wheel in...its my turn. I need not to do that. Guess I'll learn. I should do auto cross first.

I don't think auto cross is a good idea with a 2 ton car all you will do is destroy tires And get your but kicked by a miata or some little shitbox eith 120 hp and a80 in wheel base . Besides at the other tracks you can get really get rolling on the straights . Even with the mustang I go over 135 at thunderbolt in NJ . I planing to run pocono in July the long corse where you run down the main straight into and out of turn 1 and down the other straight where I've been told even with the mustang It will hit 160 plus . But you better have good tires you don't want blow one that's for sure . All of the car need to go through inspection before they turn tham loose on the track. It should be way big fun.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.