Automatic Up Window
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Automatic Up Window in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I could have swore the V had automatic up windows. Just tape the button up and the window automatically went ...
    Chosenone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

Automatic Up Window

I could have swore the V had automatic up windows. Just tape the button up and the window automatically went up. I killed my battery this weekend and had the pleasure of trying to figure out how to jump it, getting trunk open, etc then not being able to start it because it was in theft mode, then got it out of theft mode and finally got it jumped and started. Then this morning when I left I went to roll window up and it wouldnt automatically go up. So either I did something to disengage this feature or it never had it and I just thought it did. Help anybody.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Re: Automatic Up Window

Whenever the battery is disconnected, the auto-up feature for the windows has to be re-learned.

Have car running. Window up. Press and hold the window down button and hold it down for about 1-2 seconds after it reaches the bottom. Then press and hold up until the window is fully shut but hold the button for about 1-2 seconds after it's up. Done. Then try it.

Someone else here on the forum posted this info. This helped me. I forget his name but thank him.

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Here's a page from my 2012 Manual:

Express-Down/Up Windows
    Windows with the express feature
    allow the windows to be raised and
    lowered all the way without holding
    the switch.
    Press or pull the switch fully and
    release it to activate the express
    feature.
    The express mode can be canceled
    by briefly pressing or pulling the
    switch.

Chosenone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

Awesome thanks for the help! Merry xmas!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.