Pandora and iPhone 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Pandora and iPhone 5 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; S anyone having issues with pandora playing for a minute and then searching only to repeat the process? I tried ...
    SRTVIPER03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Pandora and iPhone 5

S anyone having issues with pandora playing for a minute and then searching only to repeat the process? I tried turning the phone off and restarting but it still happens. This occurs several times per week
    Also my display screen flickers occasionally whether the phone is plugged in or not. The dealer replaced the unit once but it continues.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Re: Pandora and iPhone 5

Does that pandora issue happen when the phone isn't connected to the car? It seems like that would be a pandora issue specifically, or a general internet connectivity issue as opposed to an audio system connectivity issue.

I'm using an extension on the oem iPhone cable. I don't think you can play pandora via Bluetooth.

----------

It doesn't do,it when I use pandora outside of the car.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

SRTVIPER03, I'm sorry to hear that! If you don't mind sending me the last eight of your VIN, then I'm happy to explore your best next steps. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com. Have you already been in touch with our special Infotainment team?

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Are you using the Cadillac-supplied iPhone cable to connect to both the USB and 3.5mm audio port inside the center console, and then attaching the Lightning adapter to the 30-pin side? That's what I'm doing and it works. Aftermarket 30-pin cables don't seem to work as well as the OEM Cadillac cable, I was wondering if that might be a factor. Also have you loaded music on your phone and tried to play that, instead of Pandora? If so, did it work normally, or did it have the same issue you're having with Pandora?

Xaqtly...yes I am using the Cadillac Cable in both aux and usb and then an extension on the 30 pin plugand then the lightening adaptor (from Apple). It worked fine with my iphone 3gs but Im having problems with the 5. Sometimes it works fine and then sometimes the repeated search process. Then I have to disconnect, turn off the phone and restart. I then also have to re-establish bluetooth contact with the car to use the phone. I agree that it is probably the extension cable but just thought I would see if anyone has a fix.
    Thanks for the offer Katie....Ill let you know if we can't fix it.
    I also have to get the V back for the flickering display screen.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.