Why didnt the CTSV make the list?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By neuronbob
  • 6 Post By Xaqtly
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Why didnt the CTSV make the list? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; http://autos.yahoo.com/news/top-10-f...005651411.html Am I mistaken or shouldnt the CTSV made this list? Our cars numbers are right there with some of ...
    Chosenone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

Why didnt the CTSV make the list?

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/top-10-f...005651411.html

Am I mistaken or shouldnt the CTSV made this list? Our cars numbers are right there with some of these cars and I would say bumps the Lexus off the list. Why no respect. Also most normal people cant afford these cars, the CTSV is an affordable super car which should give it even more of an edge on the list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Why didnt the CTSV make the list?

Umm, what?

The V is heaviest, BY FAR, and is RWD only. The V will never be close to these cars...

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V
    That ain't your grandfather's lexus on that list! Those are some bad hombres. The V is a great car, but come on...

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Wow, I'd love to have our cars mentioned in that group. But honestly.........not even close.

----------

For the record the new Viper lost to the ZR1 at Laguna Seca with a 1:33:70 time, eclipsing every other car on that list.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I love my V, but I understand which class it belongs in and the context that MT describes in that article is not quite it.

I'd love one of those--any of those--AND my V in the garage.

Frankly, I'm MUCH more verklempt that the V didn't make the Car and Driver top ten this year as it has for the last 2-3. THAT's where we should be asking the OP's question.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

I understand the heavyness of the car and the RWD but when looking at numbers the 0-60 times arent far off from what I have read on this website and the 1/4 mile as well. I am new to the racing world and even new to having the CTSV, I was just basing my opinion off of numbers I had read on the forums of peoples numbers they where producing in their Vs.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

That list is about fastest Laguna Seca lap times, 0-60 and 1/4 mile has nothing to do with it. Furthermore, every car on that list is faster than the CTS-V in a straight line anyway. The V handles amazingly well for how heavy it is, and it's definitely at the top of its class, but it's not even close to being in the same league as any of the cars on that list.

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

by a Z it is cheaper and is on the List

If you scroll down the page it gives the numbers break downs on each car it shows their 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Yes, but the list is of the 10 fastest cars around Laguna Seca
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

0-60 times and 1/4 mile times have nothing to do with how fast a car can go around corners. Laguna Seca is a road course, with turns. It's not a drag strip. Furthermore, a 0-60 time is a function of traction more than horsepower, and the 1/4 mile ET is dependent on traction as well. In the real world it basically means diddly squat. Trap speeds are more relevant in terms of understanding how fast a given car actually is, but that still has nothing to do with lap times at Laguna Seca. It's a road course, it's about handling, suspension and lateral grip, not to mention brakes. Power is a factor, but it's obviously not the only factor seeing as how the Z06 was faster than every other car on that list despite having less power than all of them.

You see what I'm saying? That's why 1/4 mile and 0-60 times are completely irrelevant. Based on other times I've seen, the CTS-V is 7-8 seconds a lap slower than the slowest car on that list, and that's probably being generous. But there's nothing wrong with that, the CTS-V isn't a hardcore race car. It's just not the same type of car as the others on that list, and that's why it's not on the list.

kwilson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly
    That list is about fastest Laguna Seca lap times, 0-60 and 1/4 mile has nothing to do with it. Furthermore, every car on that list is faster than the CTS-V in a straight line anyway. The V handles amazingly well for how heavy it is, and it's definitely at the top of its class, but it's not even close to being in the same league as any of the cars on that list.
    ^^+1

I agree completely, like I said new to this world, learning about everything you mentioned above and how to put the power and speed, etc into context with the car. Thanks for the info and breakdowns.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.