Sedans VS Coupes Auto VS Manual
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Sedans VS Coupes Auto VS Manual in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; My wife and I are looking at trading in over Infiniti and getting a V. She likes the sedans better ...
    MPNX2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sedans VS Coupes Auto VS Manual

My wife and I are looking at trading in over Infiniti and getting a V. She likes the sedans better and I like the coupe. Are there positives or negatives to either or except the obvious....

Secondly autos vs manual. There doesnt seem to be many sticks available I have found one in Southern Ca.

We are going into test drive on this Friday..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Re: Sedans VS Coupes Auto VS Manual

Yeah the ratio is something like 10:1 autos to manuals, so the manuals will be harder to find. As far as sedan vs. coupe, you've got the obvious number of doors, back seat room, trunk space, the coupe is a little lighter and has a blind spot warning system, wheelbase is a little shorter, other than that they're the same car.

auto vs. manual is a preference. My recommendation is to get whichever one you WANT, and don't compromise. If you want a manual, get a manual. The CTS-V is a driver's car, not a pseudo-sporty luxo-boat.

And a few of us here will tell you to get the wagon instead of the coupe or the sedan. Because it's awesome, and we're a little nutty.
    IBMike and IBMike like this.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Here we go again.

If you don't know the benefits of sedan vs coupe or have a preference between manual and auto, why would you ask someone for your opinion?

I wanted a two door manual where I wasn't gonna be revved up by every teenager or import tuner crowd. I also didn't want to lose it in the parking lot.

I don't give a hoot what you or anyone prefers. Neither should you care what anyone prefers. If you need someone's opinions, buy a Prius.

KellyE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2012 CTS V Sedan Thundar Gray 2007 STS V Sedan

Drove the coupe and sedan stick and auto.
    We got the sedan with the auto. We have friends that have 2 door Chryslers and other 2 door GM products…. The best part, is beating them in a race with a sedan …

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Go look at each in person, and drive them. You'll know.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

pat2t2f is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I agree with X. I have a 6m wagon and I love it. It's fast, rare and versatile. In my opinion that's an unbeatable combination. Good luck, whatever you choose you'll be happy.
    Pat

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I like all three flavors of the current V personally, and have personally owned the sedan and now a wagon.

So my only contribution to this thread is an idea at compromise: Get the sedan that the wife wants, and the manual you want (assuming, like most guys, you prefer manual).

Shopping done and another marriage saved!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    Here we go again.

If you don't know the benefits of sedan vs coupe or have a preference between manual and auto, why would you ask someone for your opinion?

I wanted a two door manual where I wasn't gonna be revved up by every teenager or import tuner crowd. I also didn't want to lose it in the parking lot.

I don't give a hoot what you or anyone prefers. Neither should you care what anyone prefers. If you need someone's opinions, buy a Prius.
    Don't worry I asked the same questions on the Prius forum.....

Thanks for all the other inputs...can't wait to drive one...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Enjoy your test drive on Friday, MPNX2! If you want for us to run a search to see if we can locate any manual transmissions in your area, send your request and your ZIP code our way via private message or email (katie_lucille@gmexpert.com).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have two CTS-Vs - a 2009 Sedan and 2013 Coupe. Both are automatic transmission. I would obviously recommend the auto. I traded in a 2005 CTS-V just to get the automatic. I am 69 years old and I was tired of shifting (a 2004 and a 2005).

The Coupe is a better looking car than the Sedan but the Coupe has some limitations. For example, the Coupe does not come with a big sunroof. It has a normal size sunroof that only goes up and down - it does not slide back. I assume this is because of the antenna that would intefere with the motion if it slid back. What else (if anything), I don't know.

Back form our test drive and I do like the sedan and the automatic so that will be what we end up with. The transmission shifts quickly and offers no hesitation I see no need to get the manual. The coupes roof line is a bit lower (I like 2") at the front which left me feeling a bit cramped. The sedan doesnt feel like a large car at all which was a surprise...next I hope to drive a C63 AMG but it has less power and after adding options to compare to the V the sticker is higher....

We look to get one or the other the end of Jan...

Lowflight is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Traded my 09 C63 AMG in on my CTSV...not looking back. Merc just doesn't have it together like BMW and the CTSV is the only GM car worth a crap IMHO, even over the Corvette and I have owned everything from a C4 ZR-1 to a C6 ZR1

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

You won't go wrong with the automatic. As much as I like....no, wait, LOVE, the manual V I own now, I spent almost four years with an automatic V and I did not mind it at all. The newer automatics are better programmed for sharper shifts (or so it is said...), so you should be satisfied.

Enjoy and post pictures when you get it!

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV

I have 2010 auto sedan and the shifts seem like they take forever.
    I have also heard that the newer auto has better programming and shifts faster, but I have not actually tested that.
    I did test drive the manual and will most likely be getting another V once my lease is up, but will be getting the manual.

PS...I heard that there is a blacked out grill option for the new Vs?! Need to know if this is actually true.
    I called my sales guy and he was only vaguely familiar with this and couldn't give me an answer.
    Is anyone familiar with this?

Squirlz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond 6MT V-Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by shchow View Post
    I have 2010 auto sedan and the shifts seem like they take forever.
    I have also heard that the newer auto has better programming and shifts faster, but I have not actually tested that.
    I did test drive the manual and will most likely be getting another V once my lease is up, but will be getting the manual.

PS...I heard that there is a blacked out grill option for the new Vs?! Need to know if this is actually true.
    I called my sales guy and he was only vaguely familiar with this and couldn't give me an answer.
    Is anyone familiar with this?
    I heard about that grill option directly from Cadillac people this Summer. It is out there somewhere. As far as sedan v coupe; I didn't know I HAD to have a V until I saw the wagon!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.