A little help please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, A little help please in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi guys, So I took delivery of a new 2013 Vagon about a month ago. The car has less than ...
    iupgraded is offline Cadillac Owners Member

A little help please

Hi guys,

So I took delivery of a new 2013 Vagon about a month ago. The car has less than 500 miles and today, the CEL went on. Called OnStar and they rattled off code P015B & P015D. I searched around and I think they point to bad O2 sensors. Is that correct?

<rant>Not a happy camper. Last thing I want is a dealer touching the car and breaking or ruining something else. Having that said, can anyone recommend a dealer they've used/trust in Jersey?</rant>

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

silversled is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Black Diamond Sport Wagon
    Congrats on the Vagon and sorry to hear of our issues. Did you mod the car? My D3 intake alone caused a lean code like yours. I believe those codes indicate a lean condition on Bank 1 and 2.

Re: A little help please

No mods. Fully stock.

V-swagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brougham, 2002 DTS, 2011 CTS-V wagon
    Sometimes on new engines, they require a break in period. During this process, cylinder leakage is not uncommon until the piston rings have time to seat themselves or conform to the cylinders. I have heard of another V owner having his engine replaced due to a bad piston and piston ring. If your engine were to have oil going past the rings during this break in period, it is possible to kill an O2 sensor.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

I suggest that you take it back to the dealer you bought it from, and give their service dept. a chance. Not all of them are bad, and as long as you are under warranty, they are obligated to diagnose and fix any issues. If they prove to be not so good - then check around for another dealer for service. JMHO ..

Rob

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Wow, they must be breaking sales records on the Vagons based on all the posts of people with 2013's, amazing.

Ya, I would not panic yet. It could be something simple. Like was suggested, why not just drop it off at the dealer you bought the car from?

I bought the car from a dealer in another state. It would be a 5 hr drive if I went back to my dealer.

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Try Brogan Caddy. I bought my car there. Haven't used their service dept(I'm in CT) but was happy with them, so give them a chance.

vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon WD graphite 6MT Corsa Sports

Where are you located? I'm just about dead center NJ. No problems yet after 3k miles with the '13 vagon. I bought mine at Fred Beans in Doylestown, PA. and enjoyed dealing with them. Only had them change the break-in oil at 2k and watched them like a hawk. They were slow but filled to the mid stick properly and no leaks. They were always very accommodating and even installed after market mufflers prior to delivery insuring that I'm still under warranty and the fit was perfect. There was a hail storm predicted the day before pick up and the salesman actually put the car in the showroom to protect it. I too am looking for service closer to home and recommendations are hard to come by. The most favorable reports down here are for Holman Cadillac in Mt. Laural and I'll likely try them eventually but I'm very interested in other suggestions. Perhaps we'll pass on the Pike or meet at a future Englishtown event.

Purple87SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black Raven CTS-V, 1987 Turbo Buick WE4

Holman Cadillac is who I have been using but I'm not 100% satisfied with them. Going to probably try Turnersville Cadillac service department for my next issue.

Holman damaged my driver front wheel while there for the warranty Wheel Clicking/Brake rotor replacement(since revised to lug nut replacement). They said they would "repair" the wheel, which I knew would lead to a $75 job, spray painting silver on my wheel which is polished(I worked for a dealership years ago and saw how they "repair" wheels in the business). The service manager Dave claimed, I would not notice the repair and I would be 110% satisfied! Needless to say I was not, and I told them it is unacceptable the way it looks and I had to fight to get them to agree to replace the wheel they damaged and then "repaired". I had to drop the car off for a full day to replace one wheel, only to find when I picked up the car after service was already closed, the Hankook tire was mounted backwards as they are directional. So I had to make another appointment and wait 1 1/2 hours to remount and correct their tech's screw up, hoping he didn't damage my new wheel. See pics of the damaged wheel I'm referring to.

On a later date I took my car for more warranty work- the rear passenger side window was rolling down by itself. They promptly repaired it but the tech left my car with greasy fingerprints, minor scratches on the rear passenger quarter, and the rear bottom seat cushion improperly seated into the guides/latches. I'm guessing the tech had to access the BCM under the rear seat? Anyways this was an easy fix, I pushed the cushion and clicked it into place but it just showed the incompetence and lack of care on the part of the tech who was working on my car. This was also the same tech that damaged my wheel per the service paperwork I received.

I can only tell you to Google Cadillac Dealers in your area and choose wisely. Also do the walk around with the Service Manager when you arrive and make sure you agree on the condition and also mileage of your car upon drop off. Stay with the car if possible. I can say on a good note, that Holman did not drive my car other then in and out of the service bays(verified by mileage and GPS tracking) and also did not wash the car per my request.

Good Luck OP. Keep us updated on the outcomes and your dealership experience.
    Attached Images

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Iupgraded, I see you've been getting some great feedback from owners! I'm in line with RapidRob's thinking -- taking it to a dealership would be a helpful next step, so their specialized technicians can view your concerns firsthand. I understand why you don't want to drive the distance to your original dealer, so please don't hesitate to contact me with your zip code if you would like me to check for Cadillac dealerships nearer to your location. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks everyone for your responses. I've decided to give Englewood Cliffs Caddy a try. They got great reviews on Google and DealerRater. Will report back about my experience.

Topless vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Hope it all works out for you!

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Topless vette View Post
    well if you wanted chince out and go 5 hrs away to save a few buck, i guess thats the price you pay not wanting to buy local. drive 5 hours to were you bought then and don t be whinning.
    The rumors are true....

There ARE azzhats in Canada, eh?
    KellyE and KellyE like this.

vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon WD graphite 6MT Corsa Sports

Bummer Purple87ss. I had hoped Holman was the answer. I read some great reviews but they might have been written by the dealership. Some good advice anyway. I will definitely write a statement on the order of any flaws, mileage, and not to be driven off the lot without prior notification. I'll also check the g meter. I purchased a voice activated recorder with a remote mic.. I can lock it in the glove compartment with the mic exposed. I like the GPS tracking. Did you use the OnStar service? I can try Turnersville. They bombard me with spam mail anyway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.