So does anyone visit C T S V Owners .com?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, So does anyone visit C T S V Owners .com? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm wondering if anyone from here posts over there?...
    Prdnme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

So does anyone visit C T S V Owners .com?

I'm wondering if anyone from here posts over there?
    daowens, daowens, CoppeR and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Re: So does anyone visit C T S V Owners .com?

I spend time on both sites.

daowens is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I spend almost all of my time on the other site.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I forget if that's the one where someone is pretending to be me. The site owner doesn't care. But it might be another one...

Either way, this is the most comprehensive, best run site around. So I spend all my time here...

----------

Yep, just checked. It is that forum. I've joined a number of sites in my time but spend most of my posting time in 3-4.

I wouldn't mind spending some time there and looked to sign up. So I went to join. Some tool who was doing multiple fake screennames that mimicked others in LS1 tech found I hadn't registered there and uses my name and avatar and signature at mentioned site.

I must have pissed off NorcalSS, known as Tony, at some point here. So he holds a grudge and refused to answer my calls or emails. So I never registered. People like it there because its open and unedited and free. Which is great...until someone starts taking advantage of that.

Since this is the biggest site with the largest archives, we get the most newcomers. Which means a lot of noob questions. So some people have moved on. And they mock this place. It's unfortunate. It's also unfortunate they mock this site when you can see their comments as a guest over there. But its the internet...so they win...
    CVP33, CVP33, dqw1 and 5 others like this.

theamcguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

I just signed up, did not know it was there.

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Generally the users who seem to make me roll my eyes over here are prevalent over there.

The CTS-V is unusual in that it has drawn a cross-over crowd from the trans-am driving mooks of GM, to the Audi/BMW conquest types (like me). I think the other side has more of the mooks.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I get different things from the different forums.

Noob questions get answered here. Everyone is a noob at one time or another and I have no problems with that as long as there's been an attempt to search. I was once a noob and still am in many respects. I try to make sure my Google-fu is up to date.

Other forum has tremendous and excellent technical expertise for those who follow modders (e.g. me), are modders, or are interested in modding. Plus you can say stuff there that you can't here. j/k

I think there's a place for both fora.

This thread won't last long BTW.

ExpatMedic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Lol at "Audi/BMW conquest types."

Yes, we all know the 'type'.

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The Engine/Supercharger section over there is excellent. The bashing is not. There's room for 2 forums but I don't care for the way this is trying play out with some of one group acting they are better than other V owners. Thats a shame.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dqw1 View Post
    The Engine/Supercharger section over there is excellent. The bashing is not. There's room for 2 forums but I don't care for the way this is trying play out with some of one group acting they are better than other V owners. Thats a shame.
    Exactly. There are people who post here in a civilized and productive way. Over there those same people don't hesitate to tear this place down. It's changed my opinion of these people, unfortunately...

ChasJr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cts V

Both forums serve a purpose and there is a place for both..Both sites have good guys and both have jerks just like anything else..The other site is a very good source for modding if you so desire..

daowens is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I guess I'm one of those people. The other site has helped me so much more than this one. I've learned so much about the V over there. As neuronbob said, this site is for the noobs. People who are serious about modding their V are on the other site. Most of the people who visit it realize the amount of knowledge that is there and they appreciate it.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I like both. More performance advice over there though from guys that are really pushing the limits of stock parts.

Brian in GA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "08 Escalade, 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    I like both. More performance advice over there though from guys that are really pushing the limits of stock parts.
    I like both sites. The other one has many, many more posts and especially about performance upgrades. They are also very willing to share which helps all of us on our way up to learn from their mistakes and successes.

I spend more time over there these days since I'm knocking on the door of 10's with the possibility of 9's down the road. You can also say the F word without repercussion. it has it's place IMO.

Brian

simgolfer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan, manual, silver/ebony, airaid, SW catback
    I go to both sites. This forum has a cool free mobile app and I go to other sections too. Nicer people here too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.