a good choice ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By BuckThunder
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, a good choice ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I am contemplating buying a V,haven't found what I am looking for yet though. I am wondering how many folks ...
    Topless vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

a good choice ?

I am contemplating buying a V,haven't found what I am looking for yet though. I am wondering how many folks have went from a Vette to a V. Are you happy with your decision,or maybe think ot was wrong for you. I understand they are two totaly different rides,but with the V one can have a quick car and a bit of luxury at the same time. Or did you or someone you know go the other way. I need some opinions to help me make up my mind,am on the fence. I have a vert,but only put the lid down once or twice a year,but I love the style. I wouldn't what to sell it,buy a V and be sorry. All opinions are welcome.

Thanks Al.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

brian-nicola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe Blk Diamond Edition

Re: a good choice ?

Had a white 2004 C5 convertible. Loved the car, went with the 2012CTSv coupe black diamond edition. The Corvette was great, but this v is awesome! Don't like the appearance of the new vette's and as one gets older, tougher to get in and out of. Not to mention in the v, you can carry you and your buddy complete with golf clubs.

BuckThunder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

I can't speak from personal experience, but I have a good friend with both a 2009 V and a Z06. He has only driven the Z06 twice all year and is contemplating selling it as he prefers driving the V. Although they are two different types of cars the performance of the V is more than enough to get all the adrenaline fix you would need.
    brian-nicola and brian-nicola like this.

blksnk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, 09 C300 SPORT

Al what year Vette are we talking about here? I personally went from a 05 Viper to my V, yeah a different animal from a vette but I do miss having a topless car on nice days! Sometime I feel like I made a mistake at least until I take the V out for a ride. I bought the Viper new and was getting a little bored plus my woman was afraid of the car! I love the V and I'm happy I made the move, the Viper sometimes got too much attention, good and bad!

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    I went from a 2001 C5 to a 2005 V1 and noticed right away that the V had better steering feel, and the LS6 sounded really good, even better than the LSA in my current 2009 V2. That was a real surprise and won me over. I put almost 80,000 miles on the V1 before trading it. I believe that the mechanic who worked on my V1 bought it from the dealer. It's hard to argue against these V sedans and they are more luxurious and practical than the Vette. They represent the same type of performance value in their super sedan segment. But don't get me wrong, I love Vettes and have had 6 of them. Having a ZO6 and a V2 would be a perfect combination, if money is not a factor.

Jud
    Jud

Topless vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Is an 02...runs great. puts 400 to the ground, more than enough to get into trouble. lol... but been clean since i owned it and thats 10 yrs. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by blksnk View Post
    Al what year Vette are we talking about here? I personally went from a 05 Viper to my V, yeah a different animal from a vette but I do miss having a topless car on nice days! Sometime I feel like I made a mistake at least until I take the V out for a ride. I bought the Viper new and was getting a little bored plus my woman was afraid of the car! I love the V and I'm happy I made the move, the Viper sometimes got too much attention, good and bad!

----------

i have CTS awd as a dailey driver, and i love it, not sure if having two is smart, but, one would have a little more power i think i keep looking but haven t seen anything i am interested in yet. looked on lots of sites, autotrader, cargurus, a few different ones. lots on the Jersey side, but definatley not interested in anything on the east coast i think.

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    I went from a 2001 C5 to a 2005 V1 and noticed right away that the V had better steering feel, and the LS6 sounded really good, even better than the LSA in my current 2009 V2. That was a real surprise and won me over. I put almost 80,000 miles on the V1 before trading it. I believe that the mechanic who worked on my V1 bought it from the dealer. It's hard to argue against these V sedans and they are more luxurious and practical than the Vette. They represent the same type of performance value in their super sedan segment. But don't get me wrong, I love Vettes and have had 6 of them. Having a ZO6 and a V2 would be a perfect combination, if money is not a factor.

Jud

ruby 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Went from a 06 A6 vert to a 2012 v auto sedan. dont miss the C6 vert at all.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

----------

2:57 mark says it all!

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Love my V, but would not give up my Z06 if it came down to one or the other. 505HP and 27 mpg on the highway is a balanced combo that's hard to beat. The V gets MANY more thumbs up on the road, however.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.