Should I clearbra and good price? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Should I clearbra and good price? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by dennych I found a local mobile guy many people recommended for clear braing. People say he does ...
    RickRack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Re: Should I clearbra and good price?

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    I found a local mobile guy many people recommended for clear braing.
    People say he does good work.

He's charging me:
    Full Front Coverages. Full Hood, Full Fenders, Mirrors, Headlamps and Front Bumper for $1,325.00 Do you guys think this is a fair price and should I do it?

I think that price in very reasonable.

Any idea what brand of film they are using?

A full frontal wrap is definitely the way to go if it's within your budget.

If possible, I would definitely go with Xpel Ultimate film.

Here's a recent I did on a new M5 using Xpel Ultimate (complete hood, complete fenders, bumper, mirrors & headlights): http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...rotection.html

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by RickRack View Post

Here's a recent I did on a new M5 using Xpel Ultimate (complete hood, complete fenders, bumper, mirrors & headlights): http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...rotection.html
    Wow. That's really impressive work. Wish you were here in LA. Question, if I'm going to wrap the V, do I bother with a clear bra? It's less expensive than redoing a wrap to be sure, but I'm not certain how it would bond to a wrap.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Nice, I saw that one when I was researching Xpel Ultimate. I have a few questions.
    For the headlight portion did you have relief cuts? Also for the side mirrors did you just trim around the back edges after that? My mirrors only got covered on the front portion.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Just got a quote for Xpel Ultimate. A little over $1000 for partial hood/front fenders, full front bumper, headlights, side mirrors, rocker panels, side of rear bumpers, and top of rear bumper. I'm taking it.

Xpel has a 10-year warranty on the Ultimate, so it's worth the risk IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Just got a quote for Xpel Ultimate. A little over $1000 for partial hood/front fenders, full front bumper, headlights, side mirrors, rocker panels, side of rear bumpers, and top of rear bumper. I'm taking it.

On top of that the warranty pays for both labor and film. Ventureshield only pays for the film

RickRack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Rule12b View Post
    Wow. That's really impressive work. Wish you were here in LA. Question, if I'm going to wrap the V, do I bother with a clear bra? It's less expensive than redoing a wrap to be sure, but I'm not certain how it would bond to a wrap.
    Thanks! If you're planning on doing a vinyl wrap, I would hold off on the bra for now. Not sure how the clear bra film would hold up over time from the vinyl adhesive on top of it. The vinyl will offer some sort of stone chip protection, but not as much as paint protection film. Do you plan on changing the color of the car completely, or are you just looking for a matte finish? You could cover the entire car in matte paint protection film (clear bra) and the whole car would have a matte finish. That way you would have both protection and a nice look.

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    Nice, I saw that one when I was researching Xpel Ultimate. I have a few questions.
    For the headlight portion did you have relief cuts? Also for the side mirrors did you just trim around the back edges after that? My mirrors only got covered on the front portion.
    The headlights were covered with one piece of film (no seams). For the mirrors, we apply the film first and let it settle on the mirror, then we trim it on the outer edge. Some mirrors are extremely difficult, so sometimes partial coverage is the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post

That price is right in the ballpark for that level of coverage. You will not be disappointed with the Xpel Ultimate. Great stuff!

Be sure to post some pictures

The headlights were covered with one piece of film (no seams). For the mirrors, we apply the film first and let it settle on the mirror, then we trim it on the outer edge. Some mirrors are extremely difficult, so sometimes partial coverage is the only option.
    Cool. Have you guys done xpel ultimate with a CTS-V? My installer said that the relief cut is the only way to make the headlight covering work because of the angle of the headlights. Same with the CTS-V mirror is it possible to wrap it all the way to the rear?

Got some pics
    By relief cuts I'm talking about the gap portion you notice on the top right of the front to the right ride.

Also he wasn't happy with how the headlamp washer turned out so he's going to try this portion again. You can see the gap.

Well, I'm glad I got the clear bra.

Driving home from vegas some jerk cut me off on the freeway and I honked at them. Then they proceeded to dump their crushed ice from their cup at my car... who the hell does that? Needless to say I was happy to have the clear bra in that instance just in case.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Going to try it myself, im pretty good at installing large decals.
    They come computer cut figure it cant be that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post
    Going to try it myself, im pretty good at installing large decals.
    They come computer cut figure it cant be that difficult.
    If you do install it, make sure you give yourself plenty of time. The hood on the CTS-V Was quite difficult. It took him a good 4 hours or so to do that alone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.