High Mileage Reliability
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, High Mileage Reliability in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; My car is approaching 70,000 miles and my GMPP expires at about 72,500. The car still looks and drives like ...
    JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

High Mileage Reliability

My car is approaching 70,000 miles and my GMPP expires at about 72,500. The car still looks and drives like new and has been very, very reliable, with a few minor warranty repairs. I'm either going to keep it until the powertrain warranty expires or look at a C7 or ATS-V. What is the reliability experience of those of you that have 70,000 - 100,000 miles on your cars; particularly you 2009 owners?

Jud

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Smokin80 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Raven CTS V/Manual

Re: High Mileage Reliability

Well this makes me feel pretty good. Sorry I cannot comment on the long term reliability of the car but I have an 09 with 15000 miles on it so I should have many many miles of trouble free fun left.

I assume you have no mods...
    What minor wty issues did you have?

Cheers!

jsherid1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade, 77 CDV, 13 CTS-V Wagon, 06 911, 87 928S4

At its heart the engine is a small block Chevrolet which is relatively simple and VERY robust, especially with the components that are in the LSA version. Add to that the fact that for a high performance engine it is not very stressed in stock form, putting out a little over 90hp/liter and you have the makings of a long lasting engine. As for the rest of the car, it seems pretty well put together, the structure is strong and GM components seem to be pretty trouble free these days--I'd say you are good to go.

The robustness of the CTS-V is one of the factors that moved me to get rid of my M6 which always felt complex and a bit fragile and the numerous electrical glitches that car had did nothing to disabuse me of that feeling. These days the German car manufacturers seem to do complexity for complexity's sake which is a little terrifying as a long term ownership proposition and also a contributing factor for why big Benzes, Audis and BMWs depreciate like sushi.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

A German car out of a warranty.....is a car that needs to be traded. I bought my V last week, an 09 with 22K miles, seeing that they have held up well and don't get the electrical gremlins or grenading engines the German cars get above 40K miles or so. I had a B6 S4.

Mr. LCP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by DCV
    A German car out of a warranty.....is a car that needs to be traded. I bought my V last week, an 09 with 22K miles, seeing that they have held up well and don't get the electrical gremlins or grenading engines the German cars get above 40K miles or so. I had a B6 S4.
    I sold my B5 S4 for my 09 V this summer. I also got rid of an allroad last year. I doubt I will ever own a German car out of warranty again, especially a complex one.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LCP View Post

I sold my B5 S4 for my 09 V this summer. I also got rid of an allroad last year. I doubt I will ever own a German car out of warranty again, especially a complex one.
    I echo this sentiment. A German car out of warranty is just trouble. The parts are extremely costly and things do break. I had an e60 5 series with the infamous fuel pump issue. BMW gave me a 100k warranty on that part but still, who needs the aggravation.

DCV

Looks like we all went through that German phase! Getting parts shipped from Germany or even worse being back ordered from the Fatherland....well sucked. Its like they are meant to fail right at the warranty ending or right after, guess the bean counters and the engineers teamed up on that. I'm quite happy with the V now, I don't even look at Audi or BMW anymore given the issues they have with electronics, carbon buildup, fuel pressure regulators not regulating, and failed cam timing systems. One cam, pushrods, two valves, and a blower make for plenty of fun and peace of mind.

jsherid1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade, 77 CDV, 13 CTS-V Wagon, 06 911, 87 928S4

Damn German cars...oh, wait--I still have two!

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin80 View Post
    Well this makes me feel pretty good. Sorry I cannot comment on the long term reliability of the car but I have an 09 with 15000 miles on it so I should have many many miles of trouble free fun left.

I assume you have no mods...
    What minor wty issues did you have?

Cheers!
    The car is bone stock. My minor issues were one failed TPM sensor, clicking front wheels, rear deck rumble from the speaker area and trunk spoiler replacement (damaging the paint underneath). All were fixed by the dealer and the wheel clicking hasn't come back 60,000 miles later. All my cars have had a few issues from the factory and were ironed out in the first year of ownership.

Jud

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

These cars are very solid, particularly compared to the competition (E63, M5, RS6, etc.). I would have no issue keeping this car out of warranty personally and I'm a guy who buys GMPP on all of my GM vehicles for peace of mind.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

JFJr, I'm happy to see the forum members already replying with the opinions you're seeking! If you have any concerns you would like me to research for you, please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

DCV

I bought a three year 24K or so mile GM warranty from the dealer for 1850 or so for some peace of mind. Since it was a GM and not a 3rd party, I thought it was worth it. So in essence I certified it myself. I only drive on weekends for fun and errands as I live and work in the city and don't put many miles on the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.