Winter Tires-I am confused 2012 CTSv Coupe - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Winter Tires-I am confused 2012 CTSv Coupe in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I just installed 4 x Pirelli Sotto zero 255/40/19 snows on my 2010 CTS-V Sedan - except I bought a ...
    dave_brown@shaw.ca is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Winter Tires-I am confused 2012 CTSv Coupe

I just installed 4 x Pirelli Sotto zero 255/40/19 snows on my 2010 CTS-V Sedan - except I bought a second set of four 19" x 9" wide factory wheels to mount them on. I think the factory fronts are 9" wide for the 255 tires and the rears I believe are 9 1/2" wide for the 285's. I would bet that the 255's will fit on the rear 9 1/2" wheels but why not consider a second set of 9" wheels and then you are matching the tires/rims as they are supposed to be matched and then you also dont have to change rubber twice per year. Also, everyone I have spoken to recommends that thinner (i.e. 255 vs 285 in this case) is probably better as snow tires anyway. The only issue I had was that I had to install wheel spacers to clear the Brembo calipers, 2 spacers (approx. 1/8" ea) on each of fronts, 1 on each of the rears, $5 each at CDN tire. According to the Dealer, these wheels were supposed to fit the V but must be for a non V. Car drives great.
    DB

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by dave_brown@shaw.ca View Post
    I just installed 4 x Pirelli Sotto zero 255/40/19 snows on my 2010 CTS-V Sedan - except I bought a second set of four 19" x 9" wide factory wheels to mount them on. I think the factory fronts are 9" wide for the 255 tires and the rears I believe are 9 1/2" wide for the 285's. I would bet that the 255's will fit on the rear 9 1/2" wheels but why not consider a second set of 9" wheels and then you are matching the tires/rims as they are supposed to be matched and then you also dont have to change rubber twice per year. Also, everyone I have spoken to recommends that thinner (i.e. 255 vs 285 in this case) is probably better as snow tires anyway. The only issue I had was that I had to install wheel spacers to clear the Brembo calipers, 2 spacers (approx. 1/8" ea) on each of fronts, 1 on each of the rears, $5 each at CDN tire. According to the Dealer, these wheels were supposed to fit the V but must be for a non V. Car drives great.
    DB
    I have the Sottos in the stock staggered sizes mounted on a 2nd set of factory 19" wheels (on our sedans, they are 19 X 9 all round - only the V coupes have larger 9.5" rears) and I do not need spacers. If your wheels look like CTS-V wheels, my guess is that you have the 19" wheels from the Pontiac G8 GXP, which look virtually identical to the CTS-V wheels, but are 19 X 8. The GXP came with 245/40/19 all round, but fitting a 285 on those 8" wheels might not work.
    BTW, where in Canada are you located?

Best regards,

Elie

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

Our sedans actually have 9.5" rims in the rear. With my 255/40/19 Blizzaks on all four corners you can definatly tell the rear rims are wider.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by flatrockguy View Post
    Our sedans actually have 9.5" rims in the rear. With my 255/40/19 Blizzaks on all four corners you can definatly tell the rear rims are wider.
    Thank you for catching that, flatrockguy! I stand corrected on the different widths between the fronts (9.0) and the rears (9.5) on the sedans and Vagons. Am I then correct in thinking that the coupe's rears are in fact, 10" wide?

Best regards,

Elie

brian-nicola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe Blk Diamond Edition

Correct coupes are 9 up front and 10 in the back

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.