Sore butt from Recarro seats solution help - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Sore butt from Recarro seats solution help in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; It took me about 3 weeks to get the recaros right when I got my car. Now they are very ...
    pmsteinm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)

Re: Sore butt from Recarro seats solution help

It took me about 3 weeks to get the recaros right when I got my car. Now they are very comfortable. I just have to be careful how I sit at work: If I slouch a lot in the hours before I go home, the recaros hurt my back. But I've learned in that case to leave the adjustments alone. The seat will feel fine next time I get in the car.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Ok so here is my solution.

I went to the fabric store and picked up some black seude close to the factory color and had my wife sew a pad for the lower cousen that covers the entire center sectin. I stuffed it with a peice of appolstery # 42 deromitor padding that was 1" thick. Then I used some thick black thread and sticthed it down to the main bolster on the very edges so there are no residual marks or damage to the original seat. It stays in place and feels good. It feels like an easy chair now and is easy to get in and out of. Total cost for material $85.00 Definately a good fix that looks nice.

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    Ok so here is my solution.

I went to the fabric store and picked up some black seude close to the factory color and had my wife sew a pad for the lower cousen that covers the entire center sectin. I stuffed it with a peice of appolstery # 42 deromitor padding that was 1" thick. Then I used some thick black thread and sticthed it down to the main bolster on the very edges so there are no residual marks or damage to the original seat. It stays in place and feels good. It feels like an easy chair now and is easy to get in and out of. Total cost for material $85.00 Definately a good fix that looks nice.
    KellyE and KellyE like this.

Prdnme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    I love my recaros....BUTT.....I sat in WD2009's car with regular seat and I like them much better! Having converted over from an SRT8 I'm having trouble finding a comfortable seating position in the Recaros, plus not hitting my knees on the dash, and not having my hands hit my legs when I saw the steering wheel. Love the power and handling, but a much tighter car space wise than I'm use to.

For the record, not obese or crazy big at 6' 220 pounds.
    Before I bought the V, I rented a base CTS and drove it 600 miles to see if that curved dash would kill my knees. Found setting the seat back a couple of inches and telescoping the wheel back the same was a big help and kept my knee off.

Now, the Recaro bolsters actually keep my knee off the dash. So no issues for me...
    CVP33 and CVP33 like this.

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

It takes a while to get the seat configuration just right...

I had configured modes for each seat preset:

1) Relaxed comfy - For everyday driving
    2) Sport - I was on a road trip with some twisty roads and configured the seat to EXACTLY form fit my body (hug the sides at the top, sides on the bottom). Felt awesome, especially when maneuvering.

ddivinia is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am mixed on the Recaros. I had a 2008 CTS and liked the seats. I am planning on ordering a V with 6 speed manual, standard seats with sunroof.

D.

Bubba Ho-Tep is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    Bubba,

I think you could have given it more than 2 days to decide. With 14 adjustments it takes a while to get the seats dialed in properly.
    The seat bottom bolsters were a a bit too narrow. They were adjusted as wide as they would go. Apparently my legs are too big/wide as the bolsters cut into the corners of my legs. Otherwise they were great seats. PS I like that the stock seats can be adjusted to be lower than the lowest setting of the recaros. If I could sit another inch or two lower than even my current seats offer I would. (maybe I'm used to my Vette).

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 6speeder View Post
    I, like you, tried the Recaros and could not get comfortable in them. I bought a sedan with the base seats and couldn't be happier. I believe that bigger (heavier) people have less issues with them then skinnier folks. I'm 5'9" and 150 pounds. My skinny white butt just didn't appreciate the Recaros.
    I think in my case it was the opposite. lol

94danstang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Sedan

I am a bit mixed on the Recaros. I like them however I have had the car 6 months and still don't quite feel right. I just can't seem to get all the angles quite right. The steering wheel doesn't come out enough and the front of the seat doesn't go down enough. They are OK for me, but not great - yet. Still playing. I never had the chance to test out the standard seats.

DAN

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Recaros took some getting used to but now "other" seats just don't feel right. I do a good amount of 3-5 hour drives and I prefer to do them in the V with the recaros. 5'8", and a lean and mean 150 pounds. With a herniated disc (so I have to lean), and no cartilage in either knee (so the pain makes me mean).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.