I'm worried about 2012 left over purchase...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I'm worried about 2012 left over purchase... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi new here, I've had several Cadillacs in the past, some have been good others well not so good... I ...
    Cadikat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm worried about 2012 left over purchase...

Hi new here, I've had several Cadillacs in the past, some have been good others well not so good...

I have found a 2012 leftover CTSV. Reading so much about the horror stories of the navigation systems have me a bit worried. It has to work properly.
    Any idea if this is going to be a problem,
    thinking it is a early 2012 car.
    It has to have some version in it already but I don't know if GM has the proper download in this 2012.

It really irks me to see people purchase a very expensive car as these and not be able to use a certain function because the manufacturer can't get it right.

Car otherwise is really nice!
    It' this car or a ZL1.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Truthfully, if you're even contemplating a ZL1 as an alternative to the V then IMO you may really want to do some soul searching about what you want out of your potential purchase. Most times, we hear "it's either this or an M/AMG/Porsche, etc." but not too often a ZL1. If a navi issue is the only thing you'd have to work through then I think you'll be very lucky with whatever you buy. Certainly not being critical, but the two are in completely different classes other than power. I'm sure others will chime in.

brian-nicola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe Blk Diamond Edition

Re: I'm worried about 2012 left over purchase...

The ZL1 (I thought about one before the v) is a completely different car. Straight out muscle car versus the v which has an air of luxury and almost equal performance. One member said "It may be a ZL1, but it is still a Camaro". Also, even if you can find a ZL1 most dealers want anywhere fro 5-12k over sticker as a "market adjustment". For me, the v coupe is the car. Here is a link to the ZL1 forum
    http://www.camaro5.com/forums/
    I have had absolutely no issues with the nav or the car, I love it. My wife also loves her 2011 SS Camaro convertible.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Surprised to hear about the concern over the nav, most people have not had issues. Ya, it's not the most advanced nav around, but it gets the job done. The ZL1 does not even offer a nav as you probably already know.
    hulksdaddy and hulksdaddy like this.

brian-nicola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe Blk Diamond Edition

They do for 2013 models, but 750.00 option

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

FWIW, I've been involved with the development of the 5th Gen Camaro and the ZL1 since 2007 as one of the "Camaro Disciples" (you can google that).
    It was a safe bet for me to draw the conclusion that the ZL1 was gonna happen - even after the bankruptcy, but I wasn't on board to accept the timeline for this car's rollout.

So... given that I was 2 yrs. down the road until GM made "my car", I chose to go for the CTS-V (I would've bought a 6MN G8 GXP, but that animal never made it into Canada.)

Bottom line is that I have no regrets pulling the trigger on the V. In fact, it was a great choice. The V has been a total revelation for me!! What a superior vehicle and what a score!!

My heart still rests with the Camaro community and the ZL1 - especially after tracking both the manual and auto versions at Spring Mountain this past spring, but the V is is just plain and simple, such a superior car in terms of all round capabilities & amenities, luxuries and overall convenience/performance.

Not a whole helluva lot of difference when you are exploring the upper limits of the capabilities of these cars!!
    My V sedan is simply a joy, one day after another, even in the winter... and on the track at Mosport!

Best regards,

Elie

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

What horror stories about the nav have I missed???

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
    What horror stories about the nav have I missed???
    Mine took me to applebees
    Purple87SS and Purple87SS like this.

Darnell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2003 CTS

This is the first car I've owned that had navigation, but I've never had any issues. Sure the UX could be better, but I can say that about a lot of things.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    Mine took me to applebees
    LOL! Hey - whats so bad about the big, "A"?

Rob

Cadikat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the input.
    I did go to both dealerships this evening to have another look at both.
    The caddy is not as pretty as the chevy in some respects. The Chevy is a bit more plain looking and inexpensive looking from the side view while that Cadillac has that huge quarter panel and smallish looking wheels bouncing out at me.

Cadillac, nicer interior. Chevy, American Muscle feeling. Cool really.

It seems to be a struggle with both for some reason.
    BMW is out although they are very nice indeed.

In the soul searching side, I've always been the spot car type of person having the Trans Am's, Camaro's, Corvettes, Shelby. Something about all out muscle car feel but as I age automatic transmissions, nice interiors and comfort play a big roll now...

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Sounds like you might be best off with the Camaro, it is more of a sports car whereas the Cadillac is more of a luxury car that can keep up with the sports cars. The Cadillac does feel big, I can tell you that, the Camaro feels more nimble.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC
    I can tell you that, the Camaro feels more nimble.
    Not compared to the 300C I had before it! That was a cruise shop compared to the V!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadikat
    but as I age automatic transmissions, nice interiors and comfort play a big roll now...
    I'm with you brother, trust me. I gave up loping cams and race fuel for a smoother ride. If it's speed and comfort you desire, Caddy all the way.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

garfin,

are you a camaroZ28.com member?
    i used to frequent those parts before joining up here
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    garfin,

are you a camaroZ28.com member?
    i used to frequent those parts before joining up here
    Yessir!
    On that board, I'm sselie. (Jason promised to change it over to "garfin" about 5 years ago) ... LOL!
    Great site, great people and a wealth of knowledge, insight and experience from a whole community of hardcore enthusiasts! (just like here - but camaroZ28.com has a much broader "customer base" with 5 generations of Camaros!). It's definitely been awhile since I've contributed there (my bad) but my time on all the boards has been severely curtailed lately. My life has been totally turned upside down during the last year... still trying to recover.
    Jason and Chris are both super, super guys... and Jason is also a fellow "disciple".

Jason strapped a GoPro to the ZL1 he was piloting around Spring Mountain that weekend at the end of March.. and I know those videos are up at camaroZ28.com - too lazy to provide the the link, but y'all can exercise your search skillz if you would like to check 'em out.

Best regards,

Elie

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.