Wagon is dead? No CTS wagon after 2013? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Wagon is dead? No CTS wagon after 2013? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; lots of people like the idea of the V Wagon... few are stupid enough to do it like myself...
    dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Wagon is dead? No CTS wagon after 2013?

lots of people like the idea of the V Wagon... few are stupid enough to do it like myself

gsandhu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V sedan
    Lot of car companies loose money making some cars for different reasons , some example is the buggati Veyron, and Chevy volt...

jsherid1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade, 77 CDV, 13 CTS-V Wagon, 06 911, 87 928S4

That means my 2013 is even more of a keeper.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    lots of people like the idea of the V Wagon... few are stupid enough to do it like myself
    Especially a 6MT V wagon. I'm sure people are shaking their heads at the dealership asking a) why I'd daily drive a 556 hp sports sedan, and now wagon, in the Cleveland winter, and b) why I'd daily driving a 6MT sports wagon in the Cleveland winter.

Here's hoping my wagon is a keeper....that's the plan at this point.

I'm now at 4300 and know my VIN. I should have my wagon any day now (dealer says 10-14 days, but I hope it's shorter!). WOOOOT!
    jsherid1 and jsherid1 like this.

If it is any encouragement, my car was at the dealer a little over a week after it was built and Dallas is quite a ways further from Lansing than Cleveland is.
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

To JFJr and all the other doubters, I don't have to explain anything. Note that I said "If...." Keep on dreaming if you think that the people who are in charge are interested in anything but money. I did not say that the CTS was dead. I did not say that the CTS wagon was dead. I did not say that the CTS does not make money for Cadillac. Some other person or people said all those things. gsandhu is not very smart. He (or she) doesn't even know how to spell "lose." Nobody has suggested that the Bugatti 1000 HP car is a money pit - except gsandhu. Is the Chevy Volt going to stick around? I don't know and don't care.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I equate the V Wagon to the Dodge Magnum SRT. It was an interesting idea but never really caught on in the states. Wagons WERE popular in the past. Then came the SUV and the wagon all but died. It is an interesting concept for a family person who doesn't want to drive a high slung SUV but has a ton of power and can handle well.

Personally I like my coup but as a past owner of a SRT Magnum, I can say they rock as a fun family-work friendly car.

Our grammatically and spelling challenged friend is correct in that the Veyron is not a money maker for VW. Because of the high cost of the bespoke parts and the amortization of the tooling and development costs they lose a significant sum on each Veyron sold (some estimates are over $2MM on each). What that math does not include, and the morons who say GM loses some huge number on each Volt make the same mistake, is that there are a raft of new technologies and components that will be used in future vehicles so they are buying a suite of parts/technologies to use going forward in addition to developing a halo car.

Regarding the preference of the buying public for SUVs and crossovers all that comes to mind is the saying by PT Barnum--"nobody ever went broke by underestimating the taste and intelligence of the public". A station wagon has all the load carrying and space functionality of a SUV/Crossover with 1,000 pounds or more less weight, a lower center of gravity but the public apparently prefers the image and higher H point (seating position) of the SUV. It doesn't make any more logical sense than the fame of the Kardashian family or the Jersey Shore knuckleheads but there you go...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcmiller View Post
    I can see any car manufacturer being only concerned with the money. If a particular model is not making enough money it is gone. Cadillac cares not a bit about the BMW M5.
    Hahaha. Wut?

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Squirlz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond 6MT V-Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by jsherid1 View Post
    Our grammatically and spelling challenged friend is correct in that the Veyron is not a money maker for VW. Because of the high cost of the bespoke parts and the amortization of the tooling and development costs they lose a significant sum on each Veyron sold (some estimates are over $2MM on each). What that math does not include, and the morons who say GM loses some huge number on each Volt make the same mistake, is that there are a raft of new technologies and components that will be used in future vehicles so they are buying a suite of parts/technologies to use going forward in addition to developing a halo car.

Regarding the preference of the buying public for SUVs and crossovers all that comes to mind is the saying by PT Barnum--"nobody ever went broke by underestimating the taste and intelligence of the public". A station wagon has all the load carrying and space functionality of a SUV/Crossover with 1,000 pounds or more less weight, a lower center of gravity but the public apparently prefers the image and higher H point (seating position) of the SUV. It doesn't make any more logical sense than the fame of the Kardashian family or the Jersey Shore knuckleheads but there you go...
    Yeah, the SUV as status symbol thing baffles me. I wouldn't even want to be seen in an Escalade. The other day when Powerball was so high, Belle Tire posted a question of Facebood. "What vehicle would you buy if you won?" The first response was "SUV". Dumb.

We have an Escalade as well--my wife's. She had a Range Rover before that which spent more time at the dealer than in our driveway. To be fair, the Escalade is a very nice vehicle in its own right with plenty of power, 6000 pounds of steel protecting my 4-year old daughter (the Army would not sell me an M1 Abrams) and a quiet comfortable ride. The only problem with it is that in Collin County every third vehicle is a Diamond White Escalade so it is sometimes tricky to figure out which is hers. I'd prefer she had a wagon too but she loves sitting up high (and she is 5'9" not like the dwarves we see driving some SUVs) and I have found it better to let her have what she wants so that I can have my toys...

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tedcmiller View Post
    To JFJr and all the other doubters, I don't have to explain anything. Note that I said "If...." Keep on dreaming if you think that the people who are in charge are interested in anything but money. I did not say that the CTS was dead. I did not say that the CTS wagon was dead. I did not say that the CTS does not make money for Cadillac. Some other person or people said all those things. gsandhu is not very smart. He (or she) doesn't even know how to spell "lose." Nobody has suggested that the Bugatti 1000 HP car is a money pit - except gsandhu. Is the Chevy Volt going to stick around? I don't know and don't care.
    Strategic planners for corporations like GM think much larger than the profitability of individual models. They have a much wider view, and they would certainly green-light cars and models that have slimmer (or zero) margin in order to gain in other areas. This is popular at the moment in order to manipulate emissions laws. It's used to market the company (CTS-V wagon) and get it in the news. It's used to ensure the company is in a segment they view as critical, like small cars. It's used within models even, with the new Dodge Dart and others coming in very stripped with very low margins just in the hopes that people will option it up.

Corporations are certainly all about dollars and cents, as you say, but they aren't making product decisions in isolation. They are concerned about the profitability of the whole company as the primary motivation.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I beleive that MacBuster just reiterated what I had already said. "Corporation are all about dollars and cents." Sound familiar? I rest my case.

ddivinia is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Where did you buy your CTS-V in Dallas?

I got my CTS-V wagon from Sewell in Grapevine, drop me a PM and I will connect you with my sales person who is a hard core car guy (met him through the Porsche club, he has a 944 turbo).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.