Sold car
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Sold car in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Traded my V in for a Prius on Saturday. Hard to do - but with a 126 mile daily commute, ...
    phickson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V - White Diamond - Automatic - Sold in Oct 2012

Sold car

Traded my V in for a Prius on Saturday. Hard to do - but with a 126 mile daily commute, 62k miles in 2 years, $150.00 a week in gas, well the financial piece was the smart thing to do. It was great while it lasted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Re: Sold car

Gotta do whatcha gotta do bro. What did the Prius run ya?

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Too bad you could'nt have kept the V as a toy (weekend car) and got the Prius as a commuter car. Like was said though, you do what you gotta do.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    You get the job after the V or didn't know the mpg of the V?

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

My buddy got a Volt and it is cheaper for him to commute 56 miles one way on that then a motorcycle

TXAG2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon
    I'd ask to see that calculation

undertaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Black Diamond Sedan
    I commute with a vw jetta tdi at around 35 driving normally 43+ driving like a wuss....

But hey ive always had too many cars...

phickson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V - White Diamond - Automatic - Sold in Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hulksdaddy
    Gotta do whatcha gotta do bro. What did the Prius run ya?
    I got the 2012 Prius 4 which has all the upgrades you can get on a Prius other than park assist and the radar in front to warm you of impending collisions. The car ran me $32k. Have driven it 500 plus miles, mostly in power mode, doing 70 on the highway and am getting 47.9 MPG. My calculations were going from $148 per week for gas to $31.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV
    You get the job after the V or didn't know the mpg of the V?
    My job location changed a couple of years ago - right after I bought it. The V was the fifth Caddy I have owned, new the stats and mileage as well. Not independently wealthy, trying to retire someday and can't do it by stopping at the gas station every other day for a fill up on premium.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

I have a company ride, so the V is a weekender only for me. There has been talk at work about leaving the company vehicles parked, due to the economy. If this was to happen, I wouldn't turn my Vagon into my daily driver, both for the gas costs, as well as the wear & tear. I'd go find a 15 year old Toyota, Geo, Honda or whatever and use it as a commuter car, and keep the V in the garage. Or ride my bike...

dcc8203 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V-Wagon on order

My daily driver is an '83 Mercedes 240D.

It gets about 25mpg in town, so about 2x what the VWagon does.

Quite a contrast going from 556 hp to 65! 0-60 in 22 seconds! For real. Tops out at 60 mph.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Nothing wrong with making changes. I've been in the process of replacing the V, myself. I can still afford it but I do more volunteer work and work less. There is less of a buffer for me now.

I had a deal in place with the Toy Barn in Dublin, OH to trade my V for a '11 Legacy GT. It was mint and had spare wheels with winter tires. My payments would've been half.

Alas, they were wrong in that I don't get trade in credit on sales tax for a car registered in MA. So no deal...

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Nothing wrong with making changes. I've been in the process of replacing the V, myself. I can still afford it but I do more volunteer work and work less. There is less of a buffer for me now.

I had a deal in place with the Toy Barn in Dublin, OH to trade my V for a '11 Legacy GT. It was mint and had spare wheels with winter tires. My payments would've been half.

Alas, they were wrong in that I don't get trade in credit on sales tax for a car registered in MA. So no deal...
    Wow, I'm shocked you are thinking about getting rid of your V with all the work you've put in it and how much you've talked about the car. I did the same thing with my last car a 2008 pontiac G8GT and now I kind of regret it, I had put a lot of custom stuff into that car, although it had no supercharger like the V. I shoulda at least taken off the Corsa exhaust on the G8 and put the stockers back on because I'm sure I coulda figured out a way to put those mufflers on the V. Dumb of me. Oh well, somebody got a good deal on my last car.

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post

Wow, I'm shocked you are thinking about getting rid of your V with all the work you've put in it and how much you've talked about the car. I did the same thing with my last car a 2008 pontiac G8GT and now I kind of regret it, I had put a lot of custom stuff into that car, although it had no supercharger like the V. I shoulda at least taken off the Corsa exhaust on the G8 and put the stockers back on because I'm sure I coulda figured out a way to put those mufflers on the V. Dumb of me. Oh well, somebody got a good deal on my last car.
    Oh no, its not something I want to do. And anything is a step down. The Legacy at least would've kept me entertained and would be great in my hilly city.

But I'm happier spending my time in these other endeavors. So, in the end, its a better move.

But I've been looking for awhile and nothing has worked yet. I'll gladly take donations, haha...

TiredIronGRB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan (V-Lab Car)

It's better to have "V'eed and lost to have never "V'eed at all...

I'm a V series fan for 9 years. If it goes soon, its been a phenomenal ride. If not, hooray me...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.