iPhone
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, iPhone in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; When plug my iPhone into the USB input, it shows that it's searching for the device but then I get ...
    Has No Left is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

iPhone

When plug my iPhone into the USB input, it shows that it's searching for the device but then I get an error message saying something like "this device isn't supported". I am able to charge the phone via the USB, but can't play audio or control it with the infotainment system. I have an iPhone 4S (haven't yet upgraded to ios 6). Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV

Re: iPhone

Are you using the adapter that came with the car?
    It's a weird connector with split USB and straight jack that attaches to the car end.
    If you look closely next to the USB port in the center console, there's a second hole for the additional jack.
    If you're just using a simple USB cord that came with your phone, you will not get any audio.

Has No Left is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan
    I wasn't....just using a regular iPhone USB power cord. I bought the car used, didn't see any special cords but I will look around. Thanks for the tip.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

You need the special adapter that connects to your iPhone 4S then splits into USB/3.5mm connector. Here is what the OEM device looks like.

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=3...79,s:300,i:241

You can sometimes find them on eBay for 20 bucks. I'm sure the dealer can order one.

If you do get an iPhone 5, you're in trouble. You would then also need to purchase a 30 pin to lightning adapter for another 30 bucks (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...30-pin-adapter).

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have an iPhone 4s and I use the cord that comes with the phone, one came with the car too and it works fine, as said for the wifes iPhone 5 you just plug an adapter on the end and use the same cord

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Has No Left, please let me know if you're still having concerns after investigating shchow's cord suggestions. I'm reachable via email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) and am happy to investigate if you continue to have frustrations.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    I have an iPhone 4 and was curious to see if it would work with the special cord. The car's iPhone cord connection wouldn't physically fit all the way into the bottom of the iPhone, so the system didn't recognize it. Normally, I keep an older iPod Nano hooked up and it works fine. Anyone else have this problem?

Jud
    Jud

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

No, I had an iPhone 4 and the Cadillac iPhone adapter worked fine. It's not omnidirectional though, are you sure you weren't trying to plug it in upside down?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly
    No, I had an iPhone 4 and the Cadillac iPhone adapter worked fine. It's not omnidirectional though, are you sure you weren't trying to plug it in upside down?
    Tried both ways but will try again.
    Jud

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

what about phone cover/case? sometimes they can obstruct a non-standard cable like this from plugging in all the way
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

That's a thought. I have a ZeroChroma case that may be a problem.

Jud
    Jud

Bdyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

I have an iPhone 3 and I am using my adapter cord that came with the CTS when i bought the car brand new. I have had my navigation replaced at a Cadillac dealer and now when I plug in my phone I get this message "this usb is not supported. Disconnect the device." This was my 3rd navigation system and the two times before this it worked fine. I took it back to the dealer and they said that all the setting are correct but it still won't work. I can hear the music and my phone will charge but I can't see the playlist or control the music with the car controls anymore. Anyone have this issue?
    Attached Images

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

USB ports are not all the same. I think USB is on 2.5 or something. In some cases they are not back compatible. iPhone 3 uses an older USB standard (1.0 ?) and if you got a new Nav unit, it may have the new USB port that electrically can't talk to the phone. My friends older computer would not talk to his new iPhone 4 just for that reason. Go get a new phone.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by Bdyer View Post
    I have an iPhone 3 and I am using my adapter cord that came with the CTS when i bought the car brand new. I have had my navigation replaced at a Cadillac dealer and now when I plug in my phone I get this message "this usb is not supported. Disconnect the device." This was my 3rd navigation system and the two times before this it worked fine. I took it back to the dealer and they said that all the setting are correct but it still won't work. I can hear the music and my phone will charge but I can't see the playlist or control the music with the car controls anymore. Anyone have this issue?
    are you updated to the newest version of iOS?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

asilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ariel Atom 2007 Lexus GS 350 WTB CTS-V

I'm having this same problem,

iphone 4S, will play through aux, won't play while usb is connected WITH aux. I also have an ipod that plays through the usb only

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.