Got 4 brand new Bridgestone Blizzaks for free, sort of!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Got 4 brand new Bridgestone Blizzaks for free, sort of! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Went to my local tire store that I have used for many years this morning to get the Blizzaks installed. ...
    flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

Got 4 brand new Bridgestone Blizzaks for free, sort of!

Went to my local tire store that I have used for many years this morning to get the Blizzaks installed. Well as they started to lift the V on the hoist I noticed that part of the hoist was contacting the passenger side rocker and bending it. So I tell the manager and he runs out there and loweres the car. I go out to take a look and there is a small crack on the underside of the rocker. He tells them to take the car down to another bay and use floor jacks. Now we go inside to discuss the damage... He said they will do whatever necessary to fix the car. He told me to get a quote from a body shop and they will take care of it. I'm ok with that but that's not the end. When they are done I go take a look at the tires and rims and there are nicks or scratches on every rim. I get the manager again and he cannot believe that his guys did that just after they damaged my V. Needless to say we are both very unhappy at this point. So long story short, I got the tires for free and they are going to pay for a new rocker and 4 new rims. After the dealer I stop at my Cadillac dealer's body shop for a quote so I can send it to the tire shop. Total of $3350 for all work and parts.

So I actually made out pretty good.. 4 new Blizzak's for winter and (now winter rims) and new rims for the summer. They will paint the rocker off the car and it will only take about a half hour to install it. Luckily I have Black Raven and the car is only 6 months old so matching won't be a problem. The manager at the body shop was glad that mine was raven because it's very hard to match the black diamond. On a side note, those tires look really different on the car. It is going to take some time to get used to..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Got 4 brand new Bridgestone Blizzaks for free, sort of!

Sigh. Why is it so hard to find good service?

Glad it worked out for you, though.

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

I had trouble sleeping last night just because I was taking the V in to get new tires... After today there was good reason. I just don't understand why people doing these jobs don't take care when working on other peoples cars. Take some pride in your work!

simgolfer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan, manual, silver/ebony, airaid, SW catback
    Just got new rims and tires put on my car last month and glad to say I have been lucky. The Discount Tires near my home was run well by a bunch of guys who were enthusiasts as well. The guys there had a sweet Ram truck with large wheels and tires, a lowered Civic, and an old Chevelle. Only problem was every time I went they were so busy you had to wait for one of the four lifts to open up.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

In my area is a Goodyear for which the manager ia an autocrosser. They really do a nice job. I go to them for any tire mounting/dismounting needs. They handle aftermarket wheels as well. It's nice to find someone who takes pride in their work and treats your car like they would their own.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Sucks the guys didn't take care of your ride, but great the manager did the right thing.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by IBMike
    Sucks the guys didn't take care of your ride, but great the manager did the right thing.
    True but I'm telling you...the best thing the manager can do is fire the morons who caused the damage and them almost four grand, insurance or not.

2012 CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

I'm glad to hear that the manager is paying for all the damage but what happened to you is ridiculous! These people should be extremely careful and this is what they do? I just got my rims scratched at my car wash that Ive been going to for almost a year now, I think they got new machines. The damage really isnt bad but my rims were in perfect shape so the manager said to get an estimate and they will take care of it. They also waxed my car for free since they messed up my rims.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    The more I read about these incidents, the more apprehensive I am to bring my car to anyone for work. I wash it myself, I will change the oil myself but things like tires I can't do. These people should treat every car, even the crappiest rust bucket, like it's priceless. They are paid to do a job and it's not their damn car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.