Updates On Order Constraints? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Updates On Order Constraints? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I wonder if you could edit your order to take out the red calipers--I've painted calipers myself on a few ...
    jsherid1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade, 77 CDV, 13 CTS-V Wagon, 06 911, 87 928S4

Re: Updates On Order Constraints?

I wonder if you could edit your order to take out the red calipers--I've painted calipers myself on a few vehicles and it really is an easy DIY as long as you are patient and deliberate.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Ya, that's exactly what I'm going to try and do this coming week, offer to take off whatever they want if anything is holding up the order, the black grill, the red calipers, I don't really care. If I can't get the car within 3 months it is going to really screw me up bad. I have a Tennis tournament in Palm Springs early in January and there is no way I'm flying back to R.I after from there to get the car, I just want to do one trip back to Fla and that's it for the rest of the winter. The other thing I was thinking for a back up plan is if the car is running way late maybe it could just be shipped to the Cadillac dealer right down the road from me here in Florida, that would save me having to take the car on a 1400 miles drive from up north back here to Florida. I guess the main thing, I'll just feel glad if they don't drop the car off the transport truck and destroy it with the way my luck has been going with things, haha.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

1997-did you PM Katie to get the true status of your order? That is something she can do. I know the wait has been killing you and I'm feeling for you at the same time it looks like my order is moving at light speed (order to start of TPW for me is only 17 days!)

Did your dealer have allocation for your order at the time you made it, or was there a delay until they could convert one of their stock orders to your sold order? From my searching around at the time I made my order, I found that lack of dealer allocation was the biggest delay in orders, since dealers can order only a certain amount each month. Of course part constraint causes issues, too. That's how I ended up with no Recaros in my 2009 V, I would have had to wait potentially months for a car with Recaros at that time and I didn't want to wait.

As far as delivery, there are other site members who purchased at one dealer and had their car shipped to another. It is possible.

Thanks for saying that it's possible to ship to another dealer, I hope that is something they can do as a backup plan if the car is not ready within 3 months total because I'm not going to be up north beyond the first week in January. I should have just set it up originally to get it shipped to Fla knowing that this whole thing would become a huge mess, that way even if the car came in next march there would be no need to worry. I did get a order number pretty quickly, infact I did not realize it until I looked yesterday, but that order number was listed on the original printout the general manager gave me at the dealer when he asked me which options and colors I'd like.

CTS-V Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 V Wagon, 07 Escalade, 07 Z06, 06 GTO, 60 Cadillac Coupe

Just received an update yesterday, red calipers are on backorder.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    When I ordered my wagon I was torn between yellow and red calipers. I'm glad I went with yellow. Waiting for the car sucked and I feel for you guys.

Ok, thanks for the update, I'm calling the dealer tomorrow and seeing if I can get them to use either the silver or the yellow calipers, I would think they could make this change, they can't be that inflexable?

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    When I ordered my wagon I was torn between yellow and red calipers. I'm glad I went with yellow. Waiting for the car sucked and I feel for you guys.

What color is your car? I can't really tell from the picture?. I looked at a picture of the opulent blue with the yellow calipers and it just did not look right to me, yellow with any other color car though I'd think would look alright. For me it's either red or just the silver ones. I'm fine with just the silver ones and I told the salesman at the dealer that today, I hope he can touch with the right person at GM, he assured me he would so the order is not hung up any further, all they have to do is put on the silver calipers and get the car shipped. The red ones could still be on backorder at the time of the early december build date, I don't want to risk it. Katie, do you know is there any way I can talk to GM directly? I really need some answers, the salesman at the dealer told me he would check on this issue before but I never really got any answers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.