Has anyone not had a rear diff failure with more than 50K miles on the odometer? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Has anyone not had a rear diff failure with more than 50K miles on the odometer? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho High diff failure rate? Dear lord never look in the V1 section... Agreed. After that fiasco, ...
    OrbitalGolem is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Has anyone not had a rear diff failure with more than 50K miles on the odometer?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    High diff failure rate? Dear lord never look in the V1 section...
    Agreed. After that fiasco, one would think GM would have been all over these whine/noise issues on the V2 rear diffs in 2009 and 2010. These issues still arising in 2011 and 2012 models is scary. The car should be solid as a rock this late in the product cycle.

mpouls1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Re: Has anyone not had a rear diff failure with more than 50K miles on the odometer?

There were threads with members that would change out their own fluid and noticed the fluid levels low. This was back when the '09's were rolling of the line. I don't remember if I saw any '10. I haven't seen any recent threads with any '11/'12 owners so maybe no one is changing out their own fluids or the problem has been resolved.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

My 2012 was filled right to the top from the factory so that had nothing to do with the gear whine. It's gotta be something is not wearing in proberly because like I said it got worse after 1k miles, for the first 1k miles it was fine. Then it started between 60 and 80 mph while on the gas and then went down to 45 mph.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

OrbitalGolem, I just wanted to quickly jump in to let you know I'm available via email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you have any lingering questions while you consider the V. In the meantime, I'm happy to see members have chimed in with the opinions you've been seeking!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem

Agreed. After that fiasco, one would think GM would have been all over these whine/noise issues on the V2 rear diffs in 2009 and 2010. These issues still arising in 2011 and 2012 models is scary. The car should be solid as a rock this late in the product cycle.
    These diffs don't explode, they don't whine as badly and they don't fail with any alarming regularity. And there is NO wheelhop. With 556hp.

Except that the fluid gets hot on the track, I think GM knocked it out of the park.
    neuronbob, neuronbob, JFJr and 1 others like this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

^^^^
    The Big Jim knows of what he speaks, having been both a V1 and V2 owner.

There is no widespread diff problem with the V2s. I'm confident enough in the V2 that I just bought another one. Crossing fingers!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.