Winters comming-2012 V coupe Tire suggestions?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Winters comming-2012 V coupe Tire suggestions? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; We get little or no snow around here, but lots of cold (near or at freezing) and heavy rains. Any ...
    brian-nicola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe Blk Diamond Edition

Winters comming-2012 V coupe Tire suggestions?

We get little or no snow around here, but lots of cold (near or at freezing) and heavy rains. Any winter tire suggestions as hate to just have the "V" sitting in the driveway.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trionalaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Winters comming-2012 V coupe Tire suggestions?

I live in Cincinnati. We probably have 3-5 snowfalls per year. I have always ran snow tires. However, for my 2012 CTS V Coupe I'm going to go with Goodyear all season F1 asymmetric's. The front size is now available. I contacted Goodyear and it informed me that the rear size will be available in December. I'm going to tiptoe on my Michelin Pilot PS2's until then with an old RAV4 if necessary.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

I ran the Blizzak LM60's last winter...hardly a winter though. Drove them in one snowstorm and they handled pretty darn good considering the car. The PS2's get really hard when it gets to around 40. More like driving on hockey pucks

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    For cold but not too snowy climates, try the Continental ExtremeContact DWS...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Starting the 3rd winter on Pirelli Sottozeros in the stock, staggered sizings on a second set of factory wheels. These tires are a high performance winter tire and simply amazing for cold weather dry traction. I lose virtually nothing in terms of steering response as well as the way the car handles and rides. They perform similarly on cold wet roads. Great on ice and 4"-5" of snow. I've really never had to use them in deep, deep snow, but I'm very impressed by how they get through whatever snow depths I've had to drive through. Between these tires, the electronic nannies, a light foot and good judgement, this is the easiest car to drive in the winter that I've ever owned. I believe there are winter tires available that are better in more severe conditions, but aren't as good at being able to let you enjoy the V's handling and power capabilities in the winter.

Best regards,

Elie

Smokin80 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Raven CTS V/Manual

I am running the hankook icept evo's and they seem to work quite well considering they are on a 4300 lb 560hp RWD car. The hankooks get a lot of decent reviews as well. I have snow here for at least 5 months out of the year.

I have them in the 255 40 19 size all the way around.

Cheers!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.