New 2011 CTS-V General Opinion
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New 2011 CTS-V General Opinion in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    Rico_CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

New 2011 CTS-V General Opinion

Hi Guys,

It is finally time to look for a car and after weeks of research I have narrowed down the search to 2 vehicles:

• 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    • 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Sedan

I am looking for a CPO or well maintained vehicle and I was able to find one of each about 150 miles from home.
    I am aware that both vehicles are exciting to drive but I would like to ask your opinion about the Cadillac that I have found.

It is a fully loaded 2011 unit (580 miles on the clock) that “supposedly” was never sold to anyone and has been at the dealer for 2 years. Obviously the warranty has yet to be activated and therefore it will have the full 4 years bumper to bumper warranty if purchased.

There are few items that do not convince me about the car:
    • Why is it still there?
    • 580 miles in 2 years? That cannot be real good for the powertrain.
    • The hood does not seem to lineup correctly with the rest of the body. The gap between the R and L fenders and the hood is not symmetrical and it seems odd that GM would sell a brand new $72k vehicle with such difference.
    • The MSRP in 2011 was $72k. They were selling it at $76k due to all of the “fancy” dealer packages that are a total scam and they were willing to come down $10k as of yesterday.

I am just curious if anyone has had a similar experience or purchased a new “older” vehicle.

Thank you for your time,

RR

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: New 2011 CTS-V General Opinion

There may be totally plausible reasons for some of that but my gut says run. Now, that doesn't mean I favor the Benz but all I'm saying is that V may not be "the one". Want more convincing? Check the PM costs on both and let me know how that sits with ya. Bang for the buck? Caddy all the way. Every car has quirks. Take the good with the bad and trust me there's a ton more good that bad on these cars.

AlphaAZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I came from a C63........never again.

ReaperV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico_CTSV
    Hi Guys,

It is finally time to look for a car and after weeks of research I have narrowed down the search to 2 vehicles:

I am looking for a CPO or well maintained vehicle and I was able to find one of each about 150 miles from home.
    I am aware that both vehicles are exciting to drive but I would like to ask your opinion about the Cadillac that I have found.

It is a fully loaded 2011 unit (580 miles on the clock) that “supposedly” was never sold to anyone and has been at the dealer for 2 years. Obviously the warranty has yet to be activated and therefore it will have the full 4 years bumper to bumper warranty if purchased.

[*]Why is it still there?[*]580 miles in 2 years? That cannot be real good for the powertrain.[*]The hood does not seem to lineup correctly with the rest of the body. The gap between the R and L fenders and the hood is not symmetrical and it seems odd that GM would sell a brand new $72k vehicle with such difference.[*]The MSRP in 2011 was $72k. They were selling it at $76k due to all of the “fancy” dealer packages that are a total scam and they were willing to come down $10k as of yesterday.

I am just curious if anyone has had a similar experience or purchased a new “older” vehicle.

Thank you for your time,

RR
    $10 k is not nearly enough. When I was shopping I almost bought one for 10k off. That car might be new, but it's about to be 2 model years old. Shoot for $12-13k.

AlphaAZ, regarding the C63 AMG, what kind of issues did you experience?

ReaperV, I was actually thinking along those same lines (-$15k).

Thank you for your feedbacks,

RR

Va72mlibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Try to get the VIN and ask a disinterested third party to run a CARFAX.

bobrules is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07' Sport, Ming Blue

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w204...3-buy-not.html

quick search netted me that. looks like the 2011 amg avoids head bolt failures. crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrules View Post
    http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w204...3-buy-not.html

quick search netted me that. looks like the 2011 amg avoids head bolt failures. crazy.
    That is why I am looking at 2011 for both.

RR

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

10 k is definitely not enough. Even for the more rare wagons.
    I would recommend you get them down to below 50k

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

You can get a leftover 12 sedan for low 60's. If they won't deal more than 10k off their price, walk. $66k is way too much for an 11 no matter how few miles on it.

As for the hood asymmetry, that is a regularly, though not frequently, posted item here and it can be adjusted.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Rico_CTSV View Post
    Hi Guys,

• Why is it still there?
    • 580 miles in 2 years? That cannot be real good for the powertrain.
    • The hood does not seem to lineup correctly with the rest of the body. The gap between the R and L fenders and the hood is not symmetrical and it seems odd that GM would sell a brand new $72k vehicle with such difference.
    • The MSRP in 2011 was $72k. They were selling it at $76k due to all of the “fancy” dealer packages that are a total scam and they were willing to come down $10k as of yesterday.

Thank you for your time,

RR
    Welcome to the forum, Rico_CTSV!

If you wanted for us to do any searching your behalf for a Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac, please email us (katie_lucille@gmexpert.com) your ZIP code and any must have features on your dream CTS-V sedan. We'll do our best to match you up to some vehicles in your area.

Regards,
    Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

setherman5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2011
    Is that car in Torrance CA. There's one at my dealer here with the same story. It was a show car for the auto show and used in a Cadillac photo shoot. Also be aware that the warranty is already up to 2 years into it.

09SRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

This dealer also has a new 2011 CTS-V sedan in stock, car has been on the lot since 10/2010. It also only has a couple of hundred miles on it. I was looking at it 6-7 months ago as it did not have a sunroof but they didn't come down that much on the price. They have reduced the price some more, you would figure a dealer would want to unload something thats been sitting that long but only time will tell. Good luck shopping, if you can find a low mileage used one I think you'll be just as happy.

http://www.hendrickcadillac.net/Vehi...-NC/1672576263

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by setherman5000 View Post
    Is that car in Torrance CA. There's one at my dealer here with the same story. It was a show car for the auto show and used in a Cadillac photo shoot. Also be aware that the warranty is already up to 2 years into it.
    The warrenty isn't activated until it is sold.

I saw one at the Penske dealer in Torrance but the asking price is too high.
    They also have one with 7k mi. without sunroof and tan interior. Unfortunately I am not a fan of light interiors.

So far I have only found the one with 580 miles and a 2011 Raven one with 16k mi.

BTW, thank you all your inputs and feedbacks. This site is definitively more helpful than the MB one.

RR

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.