Quick 2013 V question re tow hook
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Quick 2013 V question re tow hook in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have a 2013 V wagon on order. I understand that after 2010 there is no place to screw in ...
    neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quick 2013 V question re tow hook

I have a 2013 V wagon on order. I understand that after 2010 there is no place to screw in a tow hook on the regular CTS.

Is this also the case for the V?

The reason I ask is because for my current 2009 V there is a tow hook receptacle and I have used it for the tow hook license plate holder on occasion. I have a tow hook, but I have thankfully never had to use it.

If there's no receptacle under that "tow hook cover" in the front, I'll have to install one of those hideaway front plate devices when I get the new wagon.

TIA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

VCoupe2410 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Buying a V-Coupe when I retire

Re: Quick 2013 V question re tow hook

My 2013 wagon has one on the front and rear.

Awesome. Thanks!

FSTMRFR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 V coupe
    I want to jump on this... I went to the dealer for the hook, because in order to have your car put on a flatbed properly you have to have that hook... The cars are supposed to come with them...so I was told.... Anyhow, dealer had no idea what the hell I was talking about... They said those holes in the bumper, front and back, were for assembly line.... Anyone got the part number for it???????????

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

I have one our company made. A few members here have purchased them from us. It is made with grade 8.8 materials and has an oval eyebolt w/m16 x 2 threads, is rated over 3700 pounds. It is a quality piece, not a cheap homemade one. Feel free to PM me if interested. It is much less than OEM.

jb_bgg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black/Black V, Manual, Recaros, loaded

Can you post a couple pics and price? Thanks.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Will try tomorrow. Got to get some stuff done here at work...I hate it when work interferes with stuff! I will contact you tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by FSTMRFR View Post
    I want to jump on this... I went to the dealer for the hook, because in order to have your car put on a flatbed properly you have to have that hook... The cars are supposed to come with them...so I was told.... Anyhow, dealer had no idea what the hell I was talking about... They said those holes in the bumper, front and back, were for assembly line.... Anyone got the part number for it???????????
    GM tow hook/eye number is 20840384.

PM member "Lindsay Cadillac Parts", or call them (their number is on their ad on the right). Luke at Lindsay Cadillac will hook you up for an excellent price. That's where I got my tow hook. Not to mention, he's a site sponsor.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post

PM member "Lindsay Cadillac Parts", or call them (their number is on their ad on the right). Luke at Lindsay Cadillac will hook you up for an excellent price. That's where I got my tow hook. Not to mention, he's a site sponsor.
    Thanks, How much did you pay for the tow hook. Trying to decide to either do the D3 which comes with a tow hook or the ROHplate

I paid a little over $50. Again, call Lindsay or PM them to find out the current cost.

Were I to do it again, I would have gotten the D3 2-in-1 solution. I have the ROH plate and the GM tow hook separately and the two together cost about the same.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    I paid a little over $50. Again, call Lindsay or PM them to find out the current cost.

Were I to do it again, I would have gotten the D3 2-in-1 solution. I have the ROH plate and the GM tow hook separately and the two together cost about the same.
    cool thanks for the feedback. So the D3 one does include the tow hook? Wasn't sure since it says optional on the page

FSTMRFR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 V coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob

Sweet thx man.... Doing it right now...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.