1 More Vagon Convert into the fold - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree10Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 1 More Vagon Convert into the fold in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; A massive failure is highly unlikely. I started carrying a tire plug kit. Plugs are reliable and will get you ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    A massive failure is highly unlikely. I started carrying a tire plug kit. Plugs are reliable and will get you mobile quickly enough. If it's a front tire, it's easy to do on the car.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: 1 More Vagon Convert into the fold

I still carry my Eurocars spare tire kit. It will be making the switch from my sedan to my wagon because I think that the tire goop solution is BS.

I can hardly wait. I am lucky mine is being built so quickly after I ordered it--TPW is the upcoming week. That means I could have it by the end of the month if the transporters headed my way fill up quickly. Be gentle when you build my car, LGR guys! Counting on ya!

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    nope. Kind of wish she got the Aero

By the way I just noticed today the spare tire is nonexistent. There's some bose thing in there (I'm guessing amp?)
    This is normal yes? And what do you guys do for a spare tire?

Also putting the vagon to good use already
    I had a 9-2X Aero. Great car. Loved it.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I had an '88 900 turbo 5-speed convertible. That was a fun car. Pales in comparison to my 6-speed wagon but it was fun at the time

dennych is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hmmm my recaros seem to be developing a slight rocking.... perhaps I should take it in to get looked at.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBuster

I had a 9-2X Aero. Great car. Loved it.
    My brother still has his...

vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon WD graphite 6MT Corsa Sports

There is no way I'm traveling without a spare. I ordered a spare tire kit complete with jack, wrench, spacer and compact wheel from Eurotek Designes immediately for about $700. I do carry a plug kit and the compressor, but that won't fix a sidewall tear. The kit fits nicely in the spare well unlike a full size spare. It clears the front caliper by about a cm, but that's enough. I learned about it on this forum. Search for the thread and read other comments complete with photos. A major concern was that loading on a flat bed with a deflated front tire will likely do considerable body damage and then I'd likely have to leave the car. I just want to get the car home.
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by vagondr View Post
    There is no way I'm traveling without a spare. I ordered a spare tire kit complete with jack, wrench, spacer and compact wheel from Eurotek Designes immediately for about $700. I do carry a plug kit and the compressor, but that won't fix a sidewall tear. The kit fits nicely in the spare well unlike a full size spare. It clears the front caliper by about a cm, but that's enough. I learned about it on this forum. Search for the thread and read other comments complete with photos. A major concern was that loading on a flat bed with a deflated front tire will likely do considerable body damage and then I'd likely have to leave the car. I just want to get the car home.
    I looked in the 2013 owner's manual and they give instructions on how to fit a spare including moving the subwoofer. I'm happy someone has confirmed that the Eurotek kit fits in the wagon.

I still think it's a boneheaded decision not to include a spare as an option. Hopefully that error will be fixed for the next V.

dennych is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Found something odd in my vagon today

Also got the paddle shifted installed. The instructions were a bit odd, but really the only part that gave me trouble was putting that first peg in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.