1 More Vagon Convert into the fold - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 1 More Vagon Convert into the fold in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Had a fun time wandering Oklahoma city with it, but packed it on the truck earlier today and waiting for ...
    dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: 1 More Vagon Convert into the fold

Had a fun time wandering Oklahoma city with it, but packed it on the truck earlier today and waiting for it to arrive in California. Spent some time around downtown and checked out the memorial. I may be a bit biased since It is a new car I just bought but I felt it had a lot of awesome presence.

One thing that freaked me out a little when he picked it up was the rear portion of the fender there is a portion that has a line. At first I thought the fender had started cracking until I realized it was just another piece of the fender. Got a good chance to notice all the bugs I killed on the road though.

As for the average MPG, do you guys if that's like a rolling average based on the trip or the lifetime of the car?

mkiiina is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Poor thus far but that has been with alittle but of seeing what it will do. The last 2 tanks have been 13.9 and 16.5, currently I am a hair under 17 at 16.9 according to the computer. Mostly mixed driving and highway speeds around 80 or so.

When mine was delivered it was in the single digits as well. I like to be the optimist and think it was because it sat idling alot.

m5biemer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Wagon, Audi RS4, Jeep SRT8

Congrats, Denny, I know you worked hard to find the right one. It's a good-looking beast!! Hope it doesn't take too long for it to finds its way to you in CA.
    dennych and dennych like this.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Quote Originally Posted by DRL650 View Post
    Congrats to you and your new V Wagon it looks great. I have the coupe and Im married to an asian..lol..BTW I was in Vegas last week and spotted what is possibly Nicholas Cage's V Wagon?
    Attachment 99817
    Attachment 99818
    I'm almost positive it is. There aren't very many in Vegas, only two black ones that I know of, and only one with graphite wheels. It's possible it was from out of state though, but it's pretty shiny, so I'm convinced it's his.

So now that my Vagon is arriving I have a couple of questions.

1) Which Los Angeles (Preferably around southbay) dealer do you guys recommend I take it to for the maintenance/warranty stuff? So far one person has recommended boulevard Cadillac. Penske cadillac is closer to me but I've heard quite a few negative things about them (Not to mention all dealers)

2) When I get it, is there any Bulletin things I should bring it in for since this is a 2012 model? I'm thinking maybe they should replace my rotors with the 2 piece ones? Anything else?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Congratulations, dennych! We hope that all goes well in the shipping of your vehicle, and that you get some great feedback on your dealership question (we can help you locate nearby dealerships, but otherwise are unable to make any recommendations). We're available to help answer any questions you may have about your new Vagon so don't hesitate to get in touch either via private message or by email (katie_lucille@gmexpert.com).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Squirlz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond 6MT V-Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post

As for the average MPG, do you guys if that's like a rolling average based on the trip or the lifetime of the car?
    It's the average of all the time running. I suppose you can reset it somehow? I don't know how. I'm in the 16s..

Quote Originally Posted by Squirlz View Post
    It's the average of all the time running. I suppose you can reset it somehow? I don't know how. I'm in the 16s..
    You can reset it any time you want by pressing and holding the check mark button when you have the avg mpg screen up in the DIC. For me, my lifetime average MPG is 15.79.

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

I haven't even looked at mine since I got it with 9 miles on it. All I know is when it needs fuel I put more in and hit the go fast pedal. I should take a look at it to see where it's at after 5k miles, probably pretty low

Finally got it delivered today (sadly at night time). Would have preferred to examine it during the day but it looked good still and driver seemed stand-upish. Seemed very happy when I gave him a tip. Pictures suck due to my horrible cameraphone and night time

It actually started raining as he moved it off the truck.... Notice the M5 above it

I guess we're a wagon family now

WAGONS RULE! That looks like a Saabaru too, is it the turbo version?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    WAGONS RULE! That looks like a Saabaru too, is it the turbo version?
    nope. Kind of wish she got the Aero

By the way I just noticed today the spare tire is nonexistent. There's some bose thing in there (I'm guessing amp?)
    This is normal yes? And what do you guys do for a spare tire?

Also putting the vagon to good use already

Squirlz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond 6MT V-Wagon

Yeah there's a subwoofer in the well. I cross my fingers and carry a AAA card. I've thought about getting a front tire and fitting it in around the sub. That way you would not be stranded waiting for a tire somewhere.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Great looking ride, Congrats!!!

You also win the award for "Strangest Thing in the Back of a Vagon". I thought I had it with 3 pool pumps, but I fold my hand to the giant roast swine...

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

No spare is needed since you will be replacing tires so often, there isn't enough time for the air to leak out.

If you get a blowout, just consider it was time for new tires anyways, regardless of the reason for said blowout.

Have fun! I'll look for you in the South Bay!

BTW, I've got my eyes on a couple of sedans right now. We'll see what plays out. I really want/need to sell my '65 Pontiac first, though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.