Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Need hel finding gas

4K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  Xaqtly 
#1 ·
Live on Long Island, Suffolk County to be precise. As some of you may know, Hurricane Sandy has caused a tremendous fuel shortage here. I cannot find 93 octane anywhere. How bad would it be to fill up with regular 87? If that is not an option, does anyone know were there is 93 available? I am down to 1/4 tank and don't want to waste it looking for gas if I can help it.

Thanks.

#30 ·
X,
I think you are missing the point. The OP was asking because there is a gas shortage in NY and he could not find premium gas. This is his daily driver and be was looking for opinions. It had NOTHING to do with saving money. Nobody is recommitting it but, with no other choice, and if you 'baby' the engine, it should be ok for the short term so he can make it to work. Would you agree to that?

#31 ·
See my previous posts in this thread, I've already discussed and answered the OP's post in great detail. I know his situation had nothing to do with saving money. My issue above is solely with cts-v ls6, who is using 87 octane for the sole purpose of saving money as far as I can tell, and his opinion that everybody can use it all the time with no negative consequences, which as I said, is bullshit. Not to mention the ridiculousness of buying a $70k car just to reduce performance and potentially harm the engine in order to save $4 a tank on gas.

Read my posts on the first page to see my response to the OP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.