Question about the headlight switch (this may be a Canadian car thing. not sure)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Question about the headlight switch (this may be a Canadian car thing. not sure) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Can the lights be set to "off" and not just auto? I hate seeing my HID's ignite for nothing when ...
    ctsVeteran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Blue Diamond Tricoat '09 CTS-V

Question about the headlight switch (this may be a Canadian car thing. not sure)

Can the lights be set to "off" and not just auto?

I hate seeing my HID's ignite for nothing when i pull in and out of my garage, or am sitting under an overpass waiting for a light or something ect... Fact is i rarely drive at night with my car so if i can save some of the ballasts' life.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

V Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels

Re: Question about the headlight switch (this may be a Canadian car thing. not sure)

You can twist the thing and turn the lights to off but you have to do it every key cycle.

thegraham77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe Thunder Gray ChromaFlair

Re: Question about the headlight switch (this may be a Canadian car thing. not sure)

I 100% agree. I had an '06 CTS that also had auto lights BUT...I had the choice to turn them to the auto setting. They were off by default. Not like my V where it's on auto no matter what. It'd be nice if Cadillac would change that on future cars.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

CtsVeteran, are you a current resident of Canada? If so, then I found the contact info for the Customer Service team nearest you. GM of Canada agents are available via phone hotline at 800-263-3777, M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST.

If I misunderstood the thread's subject line, I apologize!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon WD graphite 6MT Corsa Sports

I wish we could make our own decisions as to when lights turn off and on, chimes and beeps warn us about who knows what, how long I can utilize the accessory mode, and when the doors lock. I just automatically twist the knob clockwise and hold it when starting. Just minor issues with an otherwise awesome car.

ctsVeteran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Blue Diamond Tricoat '09 CTS-V

The Audi was nice like that.. All options you can customize through the OBD port with a laptop.

Things ill miss are:

Turn off seat belt chime + warning light - (i ALWAYS wear my seat belt. But with a manual car when i got to a destination and didnt had to stay in the car but removed my seatbelt to be more comfertable.. the damn ting would chime to no end.. even if i was parked in neutral with the hand brake on!!!)

One touch unlock - not as big a deal i guess since you dont have to press unlock anymore. you just have to be near the car with the key fob

Open / Close windows + sunroof with the key fob - just by holding lock or unlock i could open close the car windows. Great for when you realize the sunroof is open and your on your way to bed.

Headlight settings - you can chose some options as to what lights turn in in various settings other than full on.

At the end of the day though... Ill forget about those REAL quick when i hear the engine purr

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

My 2009 CTS-V has an on/off position on the headlight stalk (right next to the auto position). It is marked with the circle intersected by a bar (standard on-off marker). I will check my wife's 2013 coupe to see if her's has a similar position when she gets home (I assume it does). As indicated by V Wagon, this is a spring-loaded position and must be activated each time the car is started. You can, however, select the running lights position, which is not spring-loaded and will not activate the HID ballast. Unfortunately, selecting this position will turn on the running lights at all times.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.