Anyone have aeroforce interceptor gauge???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By larry arizona
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone have aeroforce interceptor gauge??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Recently had my car dynoed and tuned at a reputable shop near me. Would like to be able to keep ...
    Mikes2009V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV

Anyone have aeroforce interceptor gauge???

Recently had my car dynoed and tuned at a reputable shop near me. Would like to be able to keep an eye on engine parameters more closely now and wouldn't mind getting rid of the old school clock either. My question is...for those of you who have the gauge...what's involved in the removal of the clock/install of the gauge. Is the wiring as simple as plugging into the obdII connector and it reads all of it's info from there. Also, what's the best price you have found for one and wheres the best place to buy it. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Re: Anyone have aeroforce interceptor gauge???

Just installed one this afternoon. Total time 1 hour. Work and looks great and the aero force fits damn near perfect. OBD2 plug is plug and play. Its a dash hawk in a mountable gage. Mine even came with a "V" symbol.

----------

go check out my post in the appearence section on the aereforce.

There is a youtube on how to take out the center stack and then take about 15 screws out of the back of the stack to pop off front trim to get the clock out. Fit the gage without the screw on bezel into the chrome clock bezel with the buttons in and nipping off two nibs on the back of the clock bezel. Its a snug fit and when you put the gage in the center stack and reassemble there is no way it can come out, you dont even need to mount the bracket. Route the cable through the IP, put the excess behind the carpet in the drivers footwell, route the cable under the hust panel next to the OBD port and viola done.

----------

oh yeah got it at Maryland speed for $219.

Mikes2009V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV
    Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona
    Just installed one this afternoon. Total time 1 hour. Work and looks great and the aero force fits damn near perfect. OBD2 plug is plug and play. Its a dash hawk in a mountable gage. Mine even came with a "V" symbol.

----------

go check out my post in the appearence section on the aereforce.

There is a youtube on how to take out the center stack and then take about 15 screws out of the back of the stack to pop off front trim to get the clock out. Fit the gage without the screw on bezel into the chrome clock bezel with the buttons in and nipping off two nibs on the back of the clock bezel. Its a snug fit and when you put the gage in the center stack and reassemble there is no way it can come out, you dont even need to mount the bracket. Route the cable through the IP, put the excess behind the carpet in the drivers footwell, route the cable under the hust panel next to the OBD port and viola done.

----------

oh yeah got it at Maryland speed for $219.
    Thanks for the info. I saw your post. The gauge looks good installed. I checked out maryland speed and it looks like it now runs $229+$10 for the v logo.

yeah but its cheaper when u put it in your cart........

ExpatMedic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Does the aeroforce automatically monitor IAT2's?

Maybe a silly question, but I assume our cars dont have wideband fed to the computer, right? Need to tap before the cats and run this to the aeroforce?

yes on iat2 ready to read. yes you need a wideband to read air fuel ratio on the af interceptor.

MikeG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 V
    Does this gauge display the time? Looked on website, could not tell.

nope not a clock. Use ur watch
    UnderPSI and UnderPSI like this.

BMBSALES is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 10 CTS-V, 13 ESCALADE, 06 C6, YAM R1

Anybody use the white lit one? Seems like everything else would clash with stack lighting...

Also how bright is it compared to rest of stack lights? I dim about 25% and don't want it to look like a beacon at night...

bmb

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.