Has anybody installed a "Curb Alert" on a V?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Has anybody installed a "Curb Alert" on a V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; How'd you get thru the firewall?...
    itsaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none yet

Has anybody installed a "Curb Alert" on a V?

How'd you get thru the firewall?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by itsaz
    How'd you get thru the firewall?
    I went around the door but mounted the box in the engine compartment on the shock tower behind the fuse box.

Re: Has anybody installed a "Curb Alert" on a V?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    I went around the door but mounted the box in the engine compartment on the shock tower behind the fuse box.
    Just had to run the speaker wire? Would you mind posting a pic of the routing around the door? Did you tap into the underhood fuse box?

Just had to run the speaker wire? Would you mind posting a pic of the routing around the door? Did you tap into the underhood fuse box?
    Tapped into fuse and ran only speaker wire to passenger side door. You can't see it at all. I will take pics later.

A better question is where are you gonna mount the sensor? Mine keeps getting clipped off as I put it under the very front part of the front lower facia. I disconnected it pending finding a better location. On the grill is a deal killer. I may put it just under the lip of the front license plate as I use a tow hook mount.

I was thinking of putting the sensor 6 or 8 inches further back under the front lip. Don't know if this would hinder it's view of obstacles. I asked the supplier if mounting it behind the grill would work and he just wasn't sure. He did say it needed a clear, unobstructed view.

BTW, I refuse to mount a front plate. It requires drilling the front facia. NFW!

I was thinking of putting the sensor 6 or 8 inches further back under the front lip. Don't know if this would hinder it's view of obstacles. I asked the supplier if mounting it behind the grill would work and he just wasn't sure. He did say it needed a clear, unobstructed view.

BTW, I refuse to mount a front plate. It requires drilling the front facia. NFW!
    I have a tow hook mount for the front plate. Use the search function.

Good idea on mounting it further back.

mj1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac CTS V Sedan 6A

What brand and model are you guys using for the Curb Alert? Just curious how are you integrating it with the V? or is it a stand alone system? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mj1980 View Post
    What brand and model are you guys using for the Curb Alert? Just curious how are you integrating it with the V? or is it a stand alone system? Thank you.
    http://www.curb-alert.com/index.php

There is no good way to mount the sensor. Under the front of the car is useless unless you never have to drive up an incline. Even mild ones will tear it off. In front of the grill is awful.

I resorted to mounting it on my front plate which is mounted to the tow hook. Angled it so it is pointed parallel. It works well and not noticeable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.