Bluetooth question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bluetooth question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Anybody know if the contacts in your phone can be displayed on the screen in the car when paired and ...
    thegraham77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe Thunder Gray ChromaFlair

Bluetooth question

Anybody know if the contacts in your phone can be displayed on the screen in the car when paired and attempting to make a call? I'm finding the only way to make a hands free call is to scroll through my contacts and say the number out loud...it won't recognize the contact names if I read them off. Am I doing something wrong, missing a step, or is this just the way it is? Thanks for any input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Re: Bluetooth question

It partially depends on what phone you're using. I have an iPhone, so for me the procedure is:

1. Hold down voice button on steering wheel, when it beeps say "hands free"
    2. On second beep say "bluetooth"
    3. On third beep say "voice"

At this point the hands free system will attempt to activate the voice command system on your phone, which in my case is Siri. The next thing I hear is Siri's double beep indicating it's waiting for a voice command. Then I can just say "call John Smith", and if John Smith is in my phone's contacts, siri will dial the number for me.

This procedure is a little unwieldy and takes longer than it should to make a hands free call, but for me it does work. It also works for getting text messages, same procedure except when you get to siri's double beep you just say "read text message" and siri reads it out loud for you. In fact once you've gotten to the point where siri is listening, you can ask it anything you could normally ask siri, like sports scores or weather or whatever.

I haven't used CUE yet, but I'm hoping the procedure to interface with your phone is vastly simplified.

SRTVIPER03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I drove an XTS this weekend as a loaner for my V Wagon that was getting my differential replaced. CUE is much better....just one button push and then you can command CUE to "call John Smith" without all the extra steps.
    Pairing my phone was also much simpler than in my V. Wish I had CUE now.

oneman42 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap

I hope I am not imposing. After I turn the car off I am loosing the connection from my BBerry to BT. Is there a way to keep it alive with the car off without turning the key to accessories?
    Thanks,
    George

thegraham77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe Thunder Gray ChromaFlair

Thanks xaqtly. My phone (galaxy s2) works similar to how your iphone does with BT trying to access the phone's voice commands. Seems like an awful lot of screwing around to make a hands free call. My buddy has a Jetta-when his phone is connected through BT all his contacts show up on the nav screen. All he has to do is touch a contact and it dials. I guess I expected things to be the same or easier in a Cadi and not a 9 step process.

McGuffy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

The Caddy's Bluetooth implementation is pretty light. You can't view/sync contacts from your phone - it implements the Hands-Free Profile (HFP) for voice calls, but not the A2DP Profile for streaming music or any of the various data transfer profiles that would enable you to sync your contacts.

Geek stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It should also be noted that if you use the described procedure, the call minutes will be charged to the phone's minutes not the car's minutes.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    It partially depends on what phone you're using. I have an iPhone, so for me the procedure is:

1. Hold down voice button on steering wheel, when it beeps say "hands free"
    2. On second beep say "bluetooth"
    3. On third beep say "voice"
    Wow not optimal at all....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.