Cadillac's New CUE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac's New CUE in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just a quick question to find out if anyone has heard or knows if the new CUE ( http://www.cadillac.com/cadillac-cue.html ) ...
    Remlap is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon (Evolution Green Metallic)

Question Cadillac's New CUE

Just a quick question to find out if anyone has heard or knows if the new CUE (http://www.cadillac.com/cadillac-cue.html) will be available for older models to upgrade to? While I like what I have now, I'd love to move to the newer functionality and usage.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: Cadillac's New CUE

No.

Never.

Ever.

You would have to make fundamental changes to the entire HVAC, infotainment and center cluster.

ie. Everything eletrical in the interior.

Remlap is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon (Evolution Green Metallic)

The more I looked at it, the more I can see you are right and how hard it would be.

It's not a simple UI upgrade, unfortunately. That would be nice one day though.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

I would take the improved screen in cue. Ditch the annoying capacitive buttons

mkiiina is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

After using it at the State Fair of TX they can keep it. While I'm glad they are trying to move forward it really wasn't that great a step up. I do like the "confirmation" vibration when you touch an item but it was extremely unresponsive. Hopefully the CUE was just suffering from everyone mashing their fingers on it.
    mrkool and mrkool like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mkiiina View Post
    After using it at the State Fair of TX they can keep it. While I'm glad they are trying to move forward it really wasn't that great a step up. I do like the "confirmation" vibration when you touch an item but it was extremely unresponsive. Hopefully the CUE was just suffering from everyone mashing their fingers on it.
    The Cue system definitely needs some refining. It showed great promise in development.

khoeysr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Coupe Crystal Red/Ebony

Installation is fairly simple, although pricey.

Remove you vehicle, install any 2013 XTS or ATS.
    mrkool and mrkool like this.

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Likely in the next gen 2014 CTS and CTS-V. I've played with it and my perception was that the "cool" would wear off pretty quickly.

FLTRI is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

I looked at one in an XTS at the dealership. The first thing that came to mind was when I saw my first 1984 Corvette. All black dash that comes to life when you start it. It was super high tech in 1984, but was phased out by 1990 when folks realized analog was a better system. It was also buggy as hell, and very expensive to fix when it failed.

Granted, it was stone age tech compared to CUE, but I still prefer good old needles swinging clockwise when I press firmly with my right foot. Just the way my Luddite mind works...

nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

It seems nicer than the current "dated" gen Nav in the V. Retrofit will be difficult so best to buy it already installed as a vehicle option, especially if your spending this serious amount of coin.

fingerprints and glare are my primary concerns for the screen.

MikeG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 V
    I don't think I have seen any car manufacturer ever given any downward compatibility to any major feature offered on a new car. Please do not consider me an expert in this area, but from a business perspective, this would not make sense. I am sorry to say, it's better to look more foreword than the car builders. M

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    Likely in the next gen 2014 CTS and CTS-V. I've played with it and my perception was that the "cool" would wear off pretty quickly.
    Like before you'll be able to buy a next gen CTS?

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Unless the voice recognition as a lot better and the commands are more simplified and intuitive, CUE will need evolution like iDrive to become useful. Also, Cadillac needs to get something as good as the TR 6060 in the manual non-V versions to erase one criticism of the ATS. This is one incidence where waiting a year is probably a good thing.

Jud
    Jud

simgolfer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan, manual, silver/ebony, airaid, SW catback
    Just drove the ATS with CUE at auto show. Despite being computer/smartphone/tablet saavy, the learning curve and distraction while the vehicle is moving is very high. And there are at least twice as many steering wheel buttons to decipher too. Much like MyFordTouch and iDrive or even the iPhone, wait for gen 2 or 3. Glad XTS and ATS consumers will work out the bugs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.