One for you Vagon owners
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By pat2t2f
  • 2 Post By McGuffy
  • 4 Post By Jinx
  • 2 Post By M5eater
  • 2 Post By pat2t2f
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, One for you Vagon owners in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; "Future Classic" - http://wot.motortrend.com/top-10-new...cs-275841.html...
    McGuffy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

One for you Vagon owners

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: One for you Vagon owners

tried to use this as a justification for me to own one now... still slightly skeptical...
    Still want it on its own merits

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I've only had my 6m wagon for about a week but you dont need justification once you drive it. I love it and my kids lobe it. When my 7 year old saw it he said,"this car is sick!!". You dont get that reaction about a wagon every day.
    sfvagon and sfvagon like this.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

I haven't been as enamored about a car for 20 years, and a lot of cars have been in and out of my garage in that time.

That being said, I Really wish I could get a head count of how many Vagons were/will be built. Hint, hint, Katie...

McGuffy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Cadillac built a 556hp station wagon with a 6 speed manual transmission at the height of their bankruptcy. If that isn't brass cojones, I don't know what is. Long live the Vagon.
    sfvagon and sfvagon like this.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

I've been saying it for months now. the v wagon is the next 87 Buick gnx as far as collectibles goes. baby them, and get a sedan for daily duties.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by Stillborn View Post
    I've been saying it for months now. the v wagon is the next 87 Buick gnx as far as collectibles goes. baby them, and get a sedan for daily duties.
    That thought has crossed my mind more than once. I love my sedan and yet I want a wagon, too.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Thirty years from now, I think I'd rather be the guy who actually bought and drove one back in the day than the guy who stored one and sold it for a lot of money.
    FLTRI, FLTRI, sfvagon and 1 others like this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

^^^^^
    I want to be the guy who buys one, drives one, takes care of it, and sells it for maybe less than a pristine one in 30 years. I know I gave up on finding a wagon for the season, but if the right deal comes along I will nab it even if the middle of winter.

I agree with neuronbob. My wagon is my third car so I use it and enjoy it but most of the week it's in the garage protected from the elements. If I was a rich man, which I am not, I would buy another one just for storage to sell later on. I trust rich car guys more than I trust the stock market or gold.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

If there's any V that's going to hold it's value or appreciate, it's going to be the wagon and coupe.

The Sedans are everywhere, and I have a feeling that while the V2's accomplishments are great in that it finnaly put the hammer down on the germans and beat them at their own game-- it also is now going to remain a stable line of vehicles, and the 'old' models will wane into worthless nothing-ness to a consumer that wants new and faster all the time.

I think the sedans and maybe even the coupe's will never really 'appreciate' but they might retain their value decently/ maybe enough that in 30-40years they'lld be worth 1/2 their orginal MSRP adjusted for inflation, *only* because It's a total role reversal for the brand and showed they were serious about making sports sedans.

Modern Sports sedan's of past haven't faired so well. The V1 is living proof of that, it's depreciating like any other used car at the moment.

The E28 and E34 M5's for example ask *maybe* 20-30K with ultra-low miles and time-capsule like quality in the exterior/interior? The Daily drivers with 150K on the odo bearly ask between 10-15K. Those cars have a lot more pedigree than the V1/V2 does, and they were a lot more expensive in the 80s and 90s.

Old cars from today bring in big money not just because they're naustalgic, but because they're simple to shine up. They're simple (relatively) to restore.

Can you imagine trying to re-wire a 40 year old dry-rotted harness from something like a CTS-V? or figuring out what to do with the completly eletric HVAC system that stopped working 10 years ago?

Even the Recaro's will cost big $$$ to re-upholster. Then there's all of the eletrical gadgets in the car to think about too.

IMO. The only modern day cars that will bring in the big bucks will be orginal, super-low mileage examples that were never driven. These cars will not be able to be realisticly restored like old cars of today are, and eventually alot of them will just stop running or end up in a junkyard somewhere because of it.
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

I somewhat agree with m5eater. A daily driver wagon will not be worth a lot 20 years down the road. Obviously one bought and stored for 20 years will always be worth the most. I think a wagon with 40-50K miles on it will be worth something. This could be one of the last of V-8 powered motors. With CAFE standards going up the V-8 might go the way of the dodo bird and be replaced by high powered V-6 and (lord help me) 4 cylinder engines. The manual will be worth the most because they are the rarest and paddle shifting is already making clutch shifting obsolete. Only time will tell and I am just hoping I'll be here in 20 or 30 years to find out.
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

one_tracker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

The wagon is my daily, another car on the list is for the weekends. Both will become more rare in the future but I doubt either will appreciate in value much.
    Attached Images

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

One thing the Vagon has going for it is parts commonality. The Vagon itself will not be produced in huge numbers, but the Venn diagram of all CTS-Vs and all CTS wagons is much bigger, and a lot of parts are common to all CTS models. Collision damage will probably escalate the price of the rear body components -- I bet the rear bumper will get spendy soon after production ends -- but how much else is unique to the Vagon?

These will be harder to restore, but they'll probably stay in good working order much longer, too. After all, they don't build 'em like they used to. And old Cadillacs from that simpler time weren't always so simple. Comparing a CTS-V to a 68-71 muscle car is one thing, but how does it compare to a 68-71 Cadillac loaded to the gills with luxury options?

One more thought -- the 80s and 90s and even 00s cars may never hold value like what came before, because newer stuff is generally better. The pre-fuel-crisis cars are valuable in part because what followed them generally sucked by comparison. The V2's value depends mightily on whether this golden age of automobiles continues for another generation or looks more like the 70s....

...and the Vagon in particular depends on whether Cadillac builds another good performance wagon.

.Jinx

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.