Auto to Manual need Opinion thinking of trading in - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Auto to Manual need Opinion thinking of trading in in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Jdani I like this way of looking at it... Plus it will save me lots of money.... ...
    ClarkkentCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Thunder gray CTS V

Re: Auto to Manual need Opinion thinking of trading in

Quote Originally Posted by Jdani View Post
    I like this way of looking at it... Plus it will save me lots of money.... Where do I get info on having this tranny tuned??
    I would look for a reputable tuner in your area and suggest some simple mods to get a little more out of your money. I completely agree with the above statements on the A6 vs M6. With a manual you are more connected to the car while driving. The automatic will not replicate the feel of a 6speed, but with a good tune it comes close. Just my opinion.

sybersport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White Diamond CTS-V

Wanna trade? I have a white 2011 manual V sedan with B&B exhaust and factory black chrome wheels. I love the car and tranny, but with a baby on the way and a wife that can't (and won't) drive a stick, I have been debating my options moving forward...

I'm kidding (sort of)

MikeG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 V
    While we are on this topic, does anyone know why first gear in an automatic is 4.02 and the manual 2.66?

In sport, I have to shift pretty quick off the line.

I'm guessing it has something to do w clutch but I'm generally clueless about trannies. Regards.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Auto has a 3.23 rearend and manny has a 3.73 But the auto still has a lower ratio in first.

----------

trust me the 6M is plenty steep 1st gear while launching with a clutch.

Hotrod-Realtor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by sybersport View Post
    Wanna trade? I have a white 2011 manual V sedan with B&B exhaust and factory black chrome wheels. I love the car and tranny, but with a baby on the way and a wife that can't (and won't) drive a stick, I have been debating my options moving forward...

I'm kidding (sort of)
    Right there is your answer. Swap cars and save 20K. Simply Brilliant.

khoeysr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Coupe Crystal Red/Ebony

Oh just do it. Life is too short.

I bought a crystal red 09 sedan. When I found out they were making a coupe, I traded it on a black raven 10 coupe. Then this past spring I saw a crystal red coupe and realized I loved the red, so I traded the black 10 for a red 12.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater
    agreed.

The agrument being made that you can 'improve' the 6AT by making it shift faster is irrelevent. It sounds good in theory, that it somehow makes it more exciting, but I ultimately concluded it can not for what I wanted.

I wanted a 6MT because it's a manual. I already knew it shifted slower to begin with. Rowing gears, listening to backfire, throwing it in neutral to coast down, going from 1st to 4th to save some gas, rolling backwards up hills, throwing caution to the wind and doing some burn-outs knowing all it'll set me back is a clutch at worst or any other associated aftermarket possibilities which are limitless with the 6060..

That's why I bought the Manual. Not because the Automatic was infuriatingly slow. It was becuase it sucked the soul out of the car in my opinion, and when you have a 550hp car that you putz around in on public roads most of the time or as a weekend car, you need all the soul you can get. Driving around super-cars for no more than 4 seconds at a time for fear of inprisonment gets boring unless those 4 seconds are amazing.

truthfully, and I've said this many times now, but I prefered my slower car's for total driving enjoyment value. I've seriously considered a few times now getting rid of the V and picking up a worse car. Something that's not quite as fast and I can enjoy for more than 4 seconds, or something that's not quite so complete and takes some tinkering, I don't know. It's an odd feeling, I bought a new car because I was sick of the Audi being on jack stands. Now I wish I could have that back, all I do now is wash,polish and worry about which $20 plastic fitting I'm using on my catch can.

damn you car! why won't you just break!
    Try an older V. The personality is off the charts...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Try an older V. The personality is off the charts...
    I'm giving it serious thought.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.