3rd party inspection companies?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 3rd party inspection companies? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm looking at a used V, and wouldn't mind getting an inspection. InspectMyRide is recommended by ebay, but gets middling ...
    MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

3rd party inspection companies?

I'm looking at a used V, and wouldn't mind getting an inspection. InspectMyRide is recommended by ebay, but gets middling reviews.

Any other recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: 3rd party inspection companies?

I actually met the CEO of this company on Jury duty
    http://www.aimmobileinspections.com/

Seemed like a nice guy haha

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/249826-what-check-used-v2-2.html

Had one done by inspectmyride. I didn't buy the V based on their report, and price negotiations, however another forum user did, and said their review was overly picky (which is good in my book).

Ron

simgolfer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan, manual, silver/ebony, airaid, SW catback
    I used carpulse and they did a reasonable job.

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I ended up using carchex. Will let everyone know my thoughts.

hmmm currently juggling which one to do as well.

my issue with all of these guys (carchex, aim inspections, inspect my ride) is that they don't do any mechanical inspections.
    Does anyone know what cadillac dealers charge for a ppi?

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

I wouldnt trust a dealer inspection if my life depended on it. Just like I don't even think they do anything when they do the certified pre-owned inspection. Just a sales gimmick. I looked at a CPO 2009 and I found it funny that the selling dealer had no idea the car had a upper pulley, CAI and Headers WTF did they inspect? So I said I was taking photos to document what the car had for mods at delivery and that they were going to honor the CPO warranty right??? They said NO! NO SALE!

Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    I wouldnt trust a dealer inspection if my life depended on it. Just like I don't even think they do anything when they do the certified pre-owned inspection. Just a sales gimmick. I looked at a CPO 2009 and I found it funny that the selling dealer had no idea the car had a upper pulley, CAI and Headers WTF did they inspect? So I said I was taking photos to document what the car had for mods at delivery and that they were going to honor the CPO warranty right??? They said NO! NO SALE!
    I agree with that sentiment. The CPO deal I was gunning for had tires that were below 5/32. Sales manager tried to tell me that 4/32 is the standard even though the checklist clearly states 5/32.

I'd love to take it to an independent trustworthy mechanic out in Oklahoma City, but I don't know of any.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.