Cadillac Owners Forum banner

3rd party inspection companies?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dennych 
#1 ·
I'm looking at a used V, and wouldn't mind getting an inspection. InspectMyRide is recommended by ebay, but gets middling reviews.

Any other recommendations?

#7 ·
I wouldnt trust a dealer inspection if my life depended on it. Just like I don't even think they do anything when they do the certified pre-owned inspection. Just a sales gimmick. I looked at a CPO 2009 and I found it funny that the selling dealer had no idea the car had a upper pulley, CAI and Headers WTF did they inspect? So I said I was taking photos to document what the car had for mods at delivery and that they were going to honor the CPO warranty right??? They said NO! NO SALE!

#8 ·
I agree with that sentiment. The CPO deal I was gunning for had tires that were below 5/32. Sales manager tried to tell me that 4/32 is the standard even though the checklist clearly states 5/32.

I'd love to take it to an independent trustworthy mechanic out in Oklahoma City, but I don't know of any.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.