Looking for advice - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Looking for advice in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Did any of the dealers point out how they could tell it was repainted/repaired?...
    ClarkkentCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Thunder gray CTS V

Re: Looking for advice

Did any of the dealers point out how they could tell it was repainted/repaired?

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I agree with other posts on this thread. If the car runs right and only an expert can tell I don't think it's worth the hassle. Here is another thought. What if he doesn't know? Who is to say he wasn't away for a month and someone else (relative or staff) didn't crash it, get it repaired and never told him. It does suck and he should return your messages. Good luck.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Sounds like you were lied to. I would certainly say something but I still think it's a tough battle legally. You say the car looks beautiful so I'd say your piece and enjoy your new car. I'd also advise in the future that you spend the 30 bucks and run the Car Fax yourself. Hindsight is always 20/20 but if you had ran it you there would be no talk about him doctoring it.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

carfax is a joke and a tool that dealerships can manipulate and use as a clever marketing scam. nothing better than your own knowledge or a trusted professional. body work and paint is simple to detect.
    OldRoadDawg and OldRoadDawg like this.

ruby 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

"The carfax did have stuff before and after the accident in his report it is just missing the accident part."
    Do You mean one page was missing with the accident report on it? Are the pages numbered?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    If the question was asked about an accident and there was a lie, damages can be sought. If there is any evidence through emails, that's good enough.

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

If it were a local sale, I would strongly suggest small claims court.

Since I believe it's across the country, you could look into whether small claims, perhaps by proxy, is an option.

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

This was a local CAR and small claims are for stuff under 12k i think in VA.

I talked to a real good Attorney he is sending him a letter tomorrow to make sure he understands I am serious about this and am not going to back down.

On the positive side i traded this car in and Got a 2012 Black Diamond Tricoat, Yellow calipers and no Sunroof (yoo hoo)

tkracing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts-v coupe

Did you let your attorney know you were trading in the car? What outcome are you looking for with the attorney's letter? Money back? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
    This was a local CAR and small claims are for stuff under 12k i think in VA.

I talked to a real good Attorney he is sending him a letter tomorrow to make sure he understands I am serious about this and am not going to back down.

On the positive side i traded this car in and Got a 2012 Black Diamond Tricoat, Yellow calipers and no Sunroof (yoo hoo)

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

A buddy of mine bought a POrsche Turbo and similar thing happened to him as well the car had an accident. He tried to return the car but the guy would not budge so he got an attorney to send a letter that unless fair compensation is done they are ready to sue for damages. Sure enough he got money back.

Now that i have traded in the car ( the main reason for trading in the car was that it was accidental and i did not feel safe and also the fact that i was scared to buy a used car and have this happen again ) my lawyer said that will not effect the outcome of the sue if anything i can sue for more money as because of this extra mental stress i had to buy a new car and pay 20k+ to get a replacement vehicle.

e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV

something to be taken from this is to always do your own due diligence.

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Agreed, you should have taken the car to a dealer for a PPI before the transaction occured. Even out of state, you can still have the guy run the car to his local dealer where you pay for a PPI via credit card. At least then you have a (quasi) professional opinion about the car.

kenneyd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

never ever trust a carfax. I have owned 19 cars in the last 10 years and had a few where the carfax showed no accidents and later accidents pop up.
    When i buy a car now, part of my inspection is a carfax, and an autocheck, but it doesn't stop be from a thorough inspection. Ive looked at dozen of cars with repainted panels, or hidden damge that show clean report.

As far as fraud. The seller is just going to point to the info they had at the time...a 3rd party carfax. I believe there are no repercussions, sorry.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.