Rough road usage?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Rough road usage? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi all- New to the forum and Cadillac in general, but the v-wagon has really grabbed my attention. One of ...
    taveanator is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Rough road usage?

Hi all-

New to the forum and Cadillac in general, but the v-wagon has really grabbed my attention.

One of my main concerns before I look at purchasing one of these beasts would be that, using it as a daily driver in a city where the streets can be atrocious (New Orleans), how does it handle rough roads over the long-haul? Easy to bend rims? Bottom out? Wear-and-tear on the Magnetic Ride Control?

The reports on-line about rattles, etc. tend to give me pause, since driving in my city would only exacerbate anything like that.

It's been years since I've driven anything lower to the ground than an SUV or a truck, so I know I'd have to adjust my driving style.

Thanks in advance, great forum y'all have here - very informative!

-T

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Rough road usage?

Welcome to the forum, taveanator! We're happy to see that you're considering a Wagon, but I'm sorry to hear about your vehicle concerns in the meantime. I'm sure forum members will be hopping on soon with their helpful input, and please don't hesitate to email me in the meantime if you would like me to research the build codes and warranty information of any specific vehicle you're thinking about.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

You will be just fine. It's a Cadillac. If you drive in rough areas, just keep the suspension in "Tour" mode. It is firm but compliant on the bumps. I assure you, I drive on worse roads than you here in Cleveland, land of potholes. Even so, I have kept my car in the "Sport" suspension mode for 45k miles now. No unusual wear on the suspension so far. Rims are not bent. Car is reasonably reliable. I only just got my first long-term rattle in the last couple of months. In general, my car was well-bolted together. Yes, you will hear about squeaks and rattles on the forums, but a) people with issues are more likely to post and b) most of the people complaining of said rattles indicate that the rattles don't affect the driving experience.

Now go get your Vagon.

mother is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Wagon

The magnaride on these cars is stupid good... Recently navigated a huge speedbump that had bottomed out a friends *Camry* which crawled over it. I felt like a moron for approaching it at like 1mph, diagonally, when it felt like I was driving over a hose left in the road.

You should still steer around huge potholes but these are forged rims and have a decent amount of sidewall for a performance vehicle.

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Have the Mag Ride suspension on both the V and the Z06. It's the best - you won't regret it!

taveanator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks for all the responses. I think I'm just more nervous about the switch from a heavy duty vehicle to a sports car/wagon.
    As a side note, I'm impressed at how tough it is to find manual vagons out there - I'd think there would be a bunch more than there are. That's actually the main reason I came across the vagon - I was looking specifically for a stick shift car. Never considered a Caddy until now.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

detroit roads have to be far worse than nawlins. the v does very well at running rough pavement

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Bent rims is a possibility. But ride? Awesome.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.