annoying chimes and signals - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, annoying chimes and signals in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Damn. He didn't close the door so we could hear the horn. Great video. I thought I saw them all ...
    vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon WD graphite 6MT Corsa Sports

Re: annoying chimes and signals

Damn. He didn't close the door so we could hear the horn. Great video. I thought I saw them all but that's one I missed.

robincox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Can you please tell me how to deactivate the horn from blowing 3 times when I leave my remote in my car.. ( in my own garage for instance) This feature is beyond annoying......

the blur is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The NAV ding is most annoying. In the 2009, it's deafening. They seemed to tone it down in the 2014.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by the blur
    The NAV ding is most annoying. In the 2009, it's deafening. They seemed to tone it down in the 2014.
    If you can slam on your wheel volume down button when it's dinging/talking that may turn it down.

larryfs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 V

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    If you can slam on your wheel volume down button when it's dinging/talking that may turn it down.
    That only turns down the NAV voice talking, not the NAV ding.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    I'm almost positive the volume for the ding sound can be adjusted too.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by robincox View Post
    Can you please tell me how to deactivate the horn from blowing 3 times when I leave my remote in my car.. ( in my own garage for instance) This feature is beyond annoying......
    Hello robincox,

I am happy to do some research for you. Could you private message me your VIN? I just need it so I can be sure I'm getting the most accurate information for your vehicle to disable the beeping noise.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva
    I'm almost positive the volume for the ding sound can be adjusted too.
    So was I because mine isn't that bad. *shrug*

Teamsorad is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

a little off topic but a complaint from me. I really like the feature in my 2011 that you can tap the turn signla lever/combo switch up or down to change lanes on the hwy instead of moving it fully to keep the blinker one but the problem is with the tap it only goes 3-4 times which isn't enough time for a lane change. So I'm either tapping it up/down twice and by that time I should just turn my signal on to get the full lane change or I start to change lanes and then right when I'm about to cross the line I tape it.

Good idea but tap needs to be 5-7 blinks for a normal cruising lane change

(hope that makes sense

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    ^^I remember driving in Chicago, you get 1 blink as the other driver jumps in front of you.

pillaplease is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamsorad View Post
    a little off topic but a complaint from me. I really like the feature in my 2011 that you can tap the turn signla lever/combo switch up or down to change lanes on the hwy instead of moving it fully to keep the blinker one but the problem is with the tap it only goes 3-4 times which isn't enough time for a lane change. So I'm either tapping it up/down twice and by that time I should just turn my signal on to get the full lane change or I start to change lanes and then right when I'm about to cross the line I tape it.

Good idea but tap needs to be 5-7 blinks for a normal cruising lane change

(hope that makes sense
    Lol... unless you're making some major S-turn lane changes, you shouldn't have to turn the wheel much and in that case - just hold it in up position until you start the maneuver and let it go and the extra couple blinks last you long enough.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post
    ^^I remember driving in Chicago, you get 1 blink as the other driver jumps in front of you.
    Yeah - what's a blinker?

Teamsorad is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Turning the wheel isn't the issue, when I change lanes on the hwy I drift one way or the other not yank my wheel. I'm also aware you can hold it or just use your signal but the point was that gm made it so you cm just tap it which was a great idea. Just not enough flashes for a nice proper cruising lane change.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamsorad View Post
    Turning the wheel isn't the issue, when I change lanes on the hwy I drift one way or the other not yank my wheel. I'm also aware you can hold it or just use your signal but the point was that gm made it so you cm just tap it which was a great idea. Just not enough flashes for a nice proper cruising lane change.
    The idea is to signal the other folks on the road you are about to change lanes. Not annoy everyone around your vehicle the entire time your changing lanes with your blinker. If people cant figure out that your changing lanes once you're more than half way across the line then it doesnt matter what you do. You could stick a blinking pink elephant out the side of your car it wouldnt matter. They aren't paying attention. Hence you you dont need your blinker on the entire time. And some of us would appreciate it if you didn't.

pillaplease is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    I think the idea of the tap and blink is just to let people know you're coming over, like Caveman* said. It's not supposed to be a replacement for the times you're trying to squeeze into traffic and need people to see your blinker and them allow you to merge.

Just a nice little wave like, "Big Gulps, huh? Welp, see ya later!"

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Yeah, I wish it was 4 or 5 blinks. Not a big deal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.