What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree44Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Didn't see anyone mention the 3 beeps the car gives you when you leave the keys in it and shut ...
    LeeH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Re: What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy

Didn't see anyone mention the 3 beeps the car gives you when you leave the keys in it and shut the door? Nice little reminder!

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
    I wish the side-view mirrors would automatically tilt down when reversing. My '06 SRT8 did that and I loved it.
    Someone who offers programming for the CTS-V that can enable auto tilt-down:
    -Adds ability to control Park/Tilt Mirrors
    http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ind...hk=1&Itemid=54

CraigT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Noticed when Bluetooth is synced up and you go to make a call, the Climate Control Fan slows down to make the call clearer. Doesn't help cool the car faster, but nevertheless a neat feature.....

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

After 4 1/2 years and 2 Vs, I finally figured out the express down/up window feature. If you want the window part way down, you press once to start the window down, then fully release, then press a second time to stop the window. It's not intuitive and i found it by accident. The express feature works differently on the Hondas I'm accustomed to and which (to me) is more intuitive.

At least I figured it out.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by VMoose View Post
    Someone who offers programming for the CTS-V that can enable auto tilt-down:

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ind...hk=1&Itemid=54
    I'll bet these guys could also program the "sport mode" and "stabilitrak off" codes to come on by default... but the only annoying thing is sending them your modules. I'd wager the car doesn't like running without them!

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    After 4 1/2 years and 2 Vs, I finally figured out the express down/up window feature. If you want the window part way down, you press once to start the window down, then fully release, then press a second time to stop the window. It's not intuitive and i found it by accident. The express feature works differently on the Hondas I'm accustomed to and which (to me) is more intuitive.

At least I figured it out.
    You can either do this, or you can just press the button partially and it doesn't trigger the auto-up/auto-down feature. The button is like a camera button. One lick is up and down, press the button further up or further down to the second click, and the auto up/down engages.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Thumbs up Re: What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy

I'm loving all the customization of entry and exit options. Particularly I think it's awesome the car can track key fobs and will autolock the doors when you exit the vehicle. It will even autolock with a second key left in the car since it knows one made it out. No more walking into work, wondering if my car is locked or not, and having to go back to check.

Also like the easy entry/exit feature that moves the seat automatically. I like to drive in 'track driving' position which isn't the easiest for getting out of the car. This makes it a breeze.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25
    I'm loving all the customization of entry and exit options. Particularly I think it's awesome the car can track key fobs and will autolock the doors when you exit the vehicle. It will even autolock with a second key left in the car since it knows one made it out. No more walking into work, wondering if my car is locked or not, and having to go back to check.

Also like the easy entry/exit feature that moves the seat automatically. I like to drive in 'track driving' position which isn't the easiest for getting out of the car. This makes it a breeze.
    I have my car set up for the horn to beep when the car locks itself automatically; it usually takes between 5 and 10 seconds. However, maybe 2 or 3 times a year, the horn won't beep and the car doesn't lock by itself, for whatever reason, so it's good to have a verifier.

Jud
    Jud

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V
    I saw on you tube a video (taken in an 08 CTS, but still applies) and it shows how to access a hidden menu on the NAV screen and there are some cool hidden features! The video shows it all, including the password.

IIRC the menu is accessed when you have the radio on and press FAV, INFO, CONFIG all at the same time; three buttons. Watch the video, try it out for yourself.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

LitiGATOR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by HUGN*RDS View Post
    I saw on you tube a video (taken in an 08 CTS, but still applies) and it shows how to access a hidden menu on the NAV screen and there are some cool hidden features! The video shows it all, including the password.

IIRC the menu is accessed when you have the radio on and press FAV, INFO, CONFIG all at the same time; three buttons. Watch the video, try it out for yourself.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    http://youtu.be/6Fc3PmxuPOM

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    I didn't see the "Access More Boost" button. Where is it????!!!!

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

I'll have to play with the settings some more. I set up the autolock feature and now the car doesn't honk or flash lights when I lock it with the key fob. Didn't see how to make the autolock honk either. Looks like I get to sit in my car some more .

FinestKind-CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V
    Shut off the radio and LISTEN....... I just LOVE the sound of the exhaust at around 1200 rpm in 6th gear...around 44 mph.

At that speed the exhaust sound resonates throughout the cabin with that deep sexy burble...and I love KNOWING that a tap on the throttle will produce that V8 growl and snap heads WHENEVER I want it to!

Gives me that great feeling that only a V owner can know.....!

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinestKind-CTS-V
    Shut off the radio and LISTEN....... I just LOVE the sound of the exhaust at around 1200 rpm in 6th gear...around 44 mph.

At that speed the exhaust sound resonates throughout the cabin with that deep sexy burble...and I love KNOWING that a tap on the throttle will produce that V8 growl and snap heads WHENEVER I want it to!

Gives me that great feeling that only a V owner can know.....!
    Yeah, and it vibrates all the nearby cars in the parking garage when I start it up! I love it and that tells the rest of the automotive hybrid idiots, fu*****.

Jud
    Jud

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

My gf has a C6 Vette, and the other day we were both parked in a parking structure so naturally we had a car alarm contest. She won, she has headers and full exhaust so she got way more car alarms to go off than I did. I did get the stanced-out big-wing Del Sol parked next to me to go off though.
    Club Malibu and Club Malibu like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.