What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by RGaret Does anyone wish this car had a feature that they have had in the past? I ...
    LitiGATOR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    Does anyone wish this car had a feature that they have had in the past?
    I wish the side-view mirrors would automatically tilt down when reversing. My '06 SRT8 did that and I loved it.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
    I wish the side-view mirrors would automatically tilt down when reversing. My '06 SRT8 did that and I loved it.
    Yup! My '07 SRX does this as well. My '99 STS also had Rainsense wipers (my '10 V does not), heated rear seats and the ability to lock/unlock all the doors using those buttons on the back doors.

Best regards,

Elie

JOEYDIAMOND is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V BLACK DIAMOND COUPE
    The little LED light near the sunroof that lights up the shifter and cup holders at night! Very convenient and looks sharp!

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by JOEYDIAMOND View Post
    The little LED light near the sunroof that lights up the shifter and cup holders at night! Very convenient and looks sharp!
    I noticed this when I was driving from Vancouver to Calgary end of last year... Super neat! In pitch black it illuminates the area quite nicely... Not hard on highway eyes either

GOTTSPD is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Any new ones?

Xaqtly is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Talk about a hidden feature, I just found one the other day that I didn't know about, despite having my car for over a year. It's the little slot inside the lower compartment in the center console (where the audio inputs are) that's designed to hold the key fob. Why didn't I know that was there? I guess because it's all black in there and it didn't stand out enough for me to notice it.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly
    Talk about a hidden feature, I just found one the other day that I didn't know about, despite having my car for over a year. It's the little slot inside the lower compartment in the center console (where the audio inputs are) that's designed to hold the key fob. Why didn't I know that was there? I guess because it's all black in there and it didn't stand out enough for me to notice it.
    ...and you've never needed to start your car with a dead fob.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly
    Good to know but if you have keys attached do they scratch the exterior as you drive?

Jud
    Jud

Red Fred is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V, 2005 S/C GTO

Quote Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
    AMEN !! It makes it much easier to back down a long driveway esp at night.

I like the trunk release button on the drivers door. Much better than having to reach over and open the glove box or bend over from outside the car to reach a button under the dash.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fred View Post
    AMEN !! It makes it much easier to back down a long driveway esp at night.
    I you're the only driver, set up the memory seat position #2 with the mirrors tilted down where you want them, everything else the same as setting one. Hit button #2 when backing, and back to #1 when you're done. No a perfect fix, but better than nothing...

Red Fred is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V, 2005 S/C GTO

Quote Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
    I you're the only driver, set up the memory seat position #2 with the mirrors tilted down where you want them, everything else the same as setting one. Hit button #2 when backing, and back to #1 when you're done. No a perfect fix, but better than nothing...
    Thanks for the creative solution. I'll do that.

marcusp23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

This is a great thread.

I have an automatic transmission, and one of my favorite features is that there are basically 3 different ways I can drive: regular automatic; sport shifting automatic (which shifts at higher RPMs than the regular automatic); or completely manual (using the paddle shifters or the + & - on the shifter). I spend the most time in manual mode, but like that you can just hold the + (up a gear) in manual mode for a few seconds and automatically shift into the sport shifting automatic setting. Sometimes when I'm feeling lazy I'll just put it in regular automatic and take it easy.

Chosenone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

I have tried this move over and over "holding the + up gear" when in manual and cannot get it to change back to the sport automatic setting. I have to manually click shifter over and then back over into sport to have it back in auto sport mode. 2009 Ctsv here

Xaqtly is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    Good to know but if you have keys attached do they scratch the exterior as you drive?
    I don't know, ever since my dealer removed my fob from its keychain and then lost the keychain, I keep the fob by itself, not attached to any other keys or rings. My house keys and junk are on a separate keychain.

marcusp23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosenone
    I have tried this move over and over "holding the + up gear" when in manual and cannot get it to change back to the sport automatic setting. I have to manually click shifter over and then back over into sport to have it back in auto sport mode. 2009 Ctsv here
    Strange. Mine's a 2011 but I didn't think there was a difference in the model year.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.