What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The nav screen dims at night when in auto mode. If you're in day mode, you can change it to ...
    JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    The nav screen dims at night when in auto mode. If you're in day mode, you can change it to night or auto with a button on the center stack that cycles through the modes.

Jud
    Jud

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Re: What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    My 2012 Lincoln does that. It also vents the sunroof too. That would be more useful on my V because it's a manual so I couldn't get the remote start.
    +1 on that suggestion (coming from another manual devotee!)

Best regards,

Elie

TXAG2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon
    This is a good thread. How about we keep the "things I wish my car had" in another thread...
    mrkool and mrkool like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly

I will say one thing my Subaru STi did that was really nice was reverse the color scheme on the nav unit when the headlights were on. So in the day it would be black and colored lines on a white background for easy readability, but at night it would switch to a more muted green color for main roads, white for the rest, on a black background. It made reading the nav at night much easier on the eyes, and much less distracting.

In the V, the nav is still a bright yellow at night, and it's more distracting and harder to read.
    Most navs do this. My BIGGEST peeve about the V...

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Oh one thing I like in the wagon is the way the floor lifts up and forms a partition in the back section, so you can separate things that might otherwise hit each other, or keep the hot side hot and the cool side cool. Like a McDLT. I've used this feature to keep my cold and frozen items separate from my room temp stuff when I go grocery shopping. I've also used it to keep things from rolling around, by wedging them between the partition and the back seat.

Also, did you guys know you can fit a full 6' ladder in the back of a wagon without angling it to get it to fit? It just goes right in. I love the the utility of the wagon.

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cts-v-ette View Post
    I like when you use the remote start the air comes on automatically until you turn the key. I had remote starts in some of my other vehicles and you had to make sure you set the air at a medium setting so it was cool when you entered the car, with the V it does it automatically for you.
    In the winter here, I've noticed the remote start turns on your seat heater. Nice.

I try not to use the remote start in the winter here...I'm of the opinion that idling a cold car for 10 minutes isn't good for it (in below freezing temperatures).

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    Oh one thing I like in the wagon is the way the floor lifts up and forms a partition in the back section, so you can separate things that might otherwise hit each other, or keep the hot side hot and the cool side cool. Like a McDLT. I've used this feature to keep my cold and frozen items separate from my room temp stuff when I go grocery shopping. I've also used it to keep things from rolling around, by wedging them between the partition and the back seat.

Also, did you guys know you can fit a full 6' ladder in the back of a wagon without angling it to get it to fit? It just goes right in. I love the the utility of the wagon.
    I discovered the partition on day 2 of ownership. That is pretty cool.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

I also like the pen holder in the upper center console unit. I almost never need it, but when I do it's nice to have a pen there.

peso611 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Platinum & 2012 CTS V Wagon Black Diamond

parking lights

Va72mlibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    The slide feature of the sun visor. It seems minor but I miss it on cars that don't have it.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Another 500+ miles on a business trip. Needless to say everything was effortless. Arrived relaxed; wonderful car, hard to find a better trip car. Smooth power, braking and handling are maybe the biggest attributes of a road car. I know about unleashing Mr. Hyde, too. I still think that all these attributes are "safety" related. Ha haaa, it's true, I'll bet a Prius on it. BTW, if you go by one, give it a real good V-8 rev, it's like a wave.

Jud
    Jud

Miami jack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V 2011

Ambient light around the dash, looks like my bedroom when I gets my freaky deaky on!
    KellyE and KellyE like this.

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV
    Also...
    The air compressor in the trunk has a compartment on the bottom that holds adapters to inflate other items, such as sports equipment...
    DoubleR8 and DoubleR8 like this.

TiredIronGRB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan (V-Lab Car)

In transmission sport mode once you're in manual shift mode you can hold down the upshift paddle for a couple seconds and it will return to automatic shifting sport mode.

LJMartin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I like when the headlights sway side to side a bit when you first start the car.

I also like scaring the crap out of people when I buzz them with the cutouts open. Nothing pleases me more when I see someone stopped at a light with their windows down and I'm coming the opposite direction and about to drive right by them. I creep up slowly and quietly then BAM... romp on it with cutouts open right at their window. It's so damn loud and echos off their car. They always jump and I can see them say "WHAT THE F!?!?!". It never gets old and I laugh every time.
    By any chance could you take a video with the cut outs open, I had them on an M5 and would like to hear it for comparison. Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.