What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Trapspeed It's something small but when the car lowers the AC during a phone call is a ...
    BigDog001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Black Diamond V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed
    It's something small but when the car lowers the AC during a phone call is a nice touch.
    Was just going to mention the same thing!

oldiemotors is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy

My favorite hidden feature is a little pedal located on the driver side floorboard. It fits perfectly under my right foot and seems to activate a myriad of other features in the car (and me). When I mash down on it all hell breaks loose. My adrenaline starts pumping, the tires start screaming, the speedo and tach start climbing to their max values, and it activates some sort of tunnel vision feature in my brain because I seem to only focus on what is directly ahead. The pedal directly to its left seems to deactivate all of these conditions and return everything back to “normal”.

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Our gas tanks have slightly more capacity than the regular CTS; not much, probably less than a gallon more, but every little bit counts with this beast!
    KellyE and KellyE like this.

cts-v-ette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldiemotors
    My favorite hidden feature is a little pedal located on the driver side floorboard. It fits perfectly under my right foot and seems to active a myriad of other features in the car (and me). When I mash down on it all hell breaks loose. My adrenaline starts pumping, the tires start screaming, the speedo and tach start climbing to their max values, and it activates some sort of tunnel vision feature in my brain because I seem to only focus on what is directly ahead. The pedal directly to its left seems to deactivate all of these conditions and return everything back to “normal”.
    Well put, I must agree.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

WOW... this thread is awesome! I've been drooling over reviews of the V, but it is so much cooler to hear people that drive it daily talk about how awesome it is. I was pretty sure I NEEDED one before I found this forum... I think y'all are sealing the deal quickly!!

Quote Originally Posted by garfin View Post
    "... essentially you shift gears without easing up on the throttle—you keep it floored. So what’s the difference between this feature and any other car with a rev limiter? Well, a rev limiter only keeps the engine from over-revving. No Lift Shift uses software to keep the turbo spooled up. So when you engage the clutch with the gas pedal floored, the turbo maintains boost and you get up to power quicker. Chevy says it shaves 0.07-seconds per shift. It’s weird to get used to, but it does work, so kudos to Chevy for thinking of us hot footers."
    I imagine that woudl be pretty hard to get used to... pretty cool!

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I'd think a no lift shift would be a lot more hard on the drivetrain?

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    No more so than a WOT 6A shift.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC
    With torque management built into the systems these days you'll have to try real hard to hit it hard enough to snap something on a stock tire, etc.

Torxila is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1 of 1 Evo Green Coupe 6m, with RB9

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    With torque management built into the systems these days you'll have to try real hard to hit it hard enough to snap something on a stock tire, etc.
    Torque Management?... we don't need no steen-king Torque Management! Real TM is a set of 305 Mickey DR's!
    McGuffy, McGuffy, mmmbacon and 1 others like this.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Torxila

Torque Management?... we don't need no steen-king Torque Management! Real TM is a set of 305 Mickey DR's!
    I hear ya on that one brutha!

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Does anyone wish this car had a feature that they have had in the past? I know GM reps read this so perhaps we can influence them a little. For example, I miss the ability to open my windows remotely by holding down the unlock button on my key fob. My German and Japanese cars all did this.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    My 2012 Lincoln does that. It also vents the sunroof too. That would be more useful on my V because it's a manual so I couldn't get the remote start.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    Does anyone wish this car had a feature that they have had in the past?
    I will say one thing my Subaru STi did that was really nice was reverse the color scheme on the nav unit when the headlights were on. So in the day it would be black and colored lines on a white background for easy readability, but at night it would switch to a more muted green color for main roads, white for the rest, on a black background. It made reading the nav at night much easier on the eyes, and much less distracting.

In the V, the nav is still a bright yellow at night, and it's more distracting and harder to read.
    McGuffy and McGuffy like this.

McGuffy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    I will say one thing my Subaru STi did that was really nice was reverse the color scheme on the nav unit when the headlights were on. So in the day it would be black and colored lines on a white background for easy readability, but at night it would switch to a more muted green color for main roads, white for the rest, on a black background. It made reading the nav at night much easier on the eyes, and much less distracting.

In the V, the nav is still a bright yellow at night, and it's more distracting and harder to read.
    My Acura had a night time mode as well - MUCH better for night driving.

----------

And this thread should be sticky - awesome info here.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    Just push that fan speed increase button brother! It'll come right back up!
    True, except the handsfree microphone picks up the fan noise when you turn it up and people on your conference call bitch that there is noise on the call. Trust me my coworkers can be little biaatches........ Happened to me once on the hottest day of the year, I survived......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.