What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Remlap Besides those mentioned, one of my favorites is the headlights moving with you in the turns. ...
    DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Remlap View Post
    Besides those mentioned, one of my favorites is the headlights moving with you in the turns. Ability to make your own playlists off the HDD. Able to record songs or pause the XM radio. Small stuff like that.
    Okay got me on that feature. How do you "Pause" XM radio?

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV

Okay got me on that feature. How do you "Pause" XM radio?
    Press the pause/play button on the upper right of the center stack. It will pause anything playing: cds, dvds, FM/AM radio, XM radio...

kenhock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts-v

as i was detailing my car over the weekend i was thinking about this thread and one of the more obscure items on the car are the air fins on the wiper blades. if you remember the early commercials of the v2 they even mentioned that a car this fast required special windshield wiper blades to keep them flush on the windshield at high speeds. i have to admit i haven't checked out any other cars to see if they might have something similar but this feature is pretty cool.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

The no lift shift is my favorite. Keeping your foot floored when going from 1st to 2nd at 6200 RPM is a HUGE rush for me.

ctsvwannabe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How about this one - when the climate control if off, press either the temp up or temp down button and the climate control will turn on. Given that behavior, how did GM miss automatically raising the nav screen when you want to use the nav functions?

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvwannabe View Post
    how did GM miss automatically raising the nav screen when you want to use the nav functions?
    I know, right? To me, that's one of the biggest no brainer misses I've seen in the car. If the nav function does not work when the screen is down, and there is a dedicated button that says NAV, what do you think should happen when you push it?

Was there nobody at GM that asked that question? I'm baffled at how that got through testing and into production like that.

Still love the car. More just in awe of the obviousness of that feature, and the fact that it wasn't implemented.
    jsherid1 and jsherid1 like this.

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

I like when the headlights sway side to side a bit when you first start the car.

I also like scaring the crap out of people when I buzz them with the cutouts open. Nothing pleases me more when I see someone stopped at a light with their windows down and I'm coming the opposite direction and about to drive right by them. I creep up slowly and quietly then BAM... romp on it with cutouts open right at their window. It's so damn loud and echos off their car. They always jump and I can see them say "WHAT THE F!?!?!". It never gets old and I laugh every time.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Harry Houdini, I agree on the adaptive lighting at start up and on the road.

cts-v-ette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I like when you use the remote start the air comes on automatically until you turn the key. I had remote starts in some of my other vehicles and you had to make sure you set the air at a medium setting so it was cool when you entered the car, with the V it does it automatically for you.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    It's something small but when the car lowers the AC during a phone call is a nice touch.
    mrkool and mrkool like this.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    It's something small but when the car lowers the AC during a phone call is a nice touch.
    Except when its 106F outside and you get stuck on a 45 minute conference call that you can't bail on.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I love this thread.
    IBMike and IBMike like this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
    I love the touch to signal feature (three turn signal flashes with a touch of the control stalk) so much that I make the error of doing the same in my two Hondas that don't have the feature. The new 2013 Honda Accord finally has this feature.....years after GM implemented it.

6speeder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by kenhock View Post
    as i was detailing my car over the weekend i was thinking about this thread and one of the more obscure items on the car are the air fins on the wiper blades. if you remember the early commercials of the v2 they even mentioned that a car this fast required special windshield wiper blades to keep them flush on the windshield at high speeds. i have to admit i haven't checked out any other cars to see if they might have something similar but this feature is pretty cool.
    My 2007 Z06 Corvette has the fins also.

ctsvwannabe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    I love the touch to signal feature (three turn signal flashes with a touch of the control stalk) so much that I make the error of doing the same in my two Hondas that don't have the feature. The new 2013 Honda Accord finally has this feature.....years after GM implemented it.
    +1 on the touch to signal feature - I too forget that my 2005 V doesn't have this feature and have to remember to hold the turn signal lever down against the detent when changing lanes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.