What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; And the XM weather alert that pops up when there is a National Weather Service watch/warning in the area. Had ...
    FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Re: What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy

And the XM weather alert that pops up when there is a National Weather Service watch/warning in the area. Had no idea it did that until the monsoons hit this summer...

Torxila is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1 of 1 Evo Green Coupe 6m, with RB9

X2 on the NO-LIFT shifting

KellyE, KellyE, mrkool and 3 others like this.

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Rear cupholders are exceptional.

buddyg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    The mood lighting around the dash at night. Small but something I didn't know about.

Definitely did not expect the attention this car gets from young to old. (Mine is black, black wheels and limo tint windows)

Ease of modding (price to do so)

The Cadillac app that let's me start my car from anywhere and the ability to send Navigation to the car remotely

Zhariak is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by hulksdaddy View Post
    Rear cupholders are exceptional.
    Went to a house warming yesterday, brought a bottle of wine as a gift, noticed it fits perfectly in one of the rear cupholders bwhahaha

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

ohhh I forgot my favorite;

in the 2012's they changed the stitching on the seat leather to a white thread. It really makes it pop.

Think my '11 Coupe had white stitching on the seats?

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    The "V" is an incredible road trip car. Everything is so effortless. It makes you feel very comfortable and invincible. The only thing you have to watch is the speedometer because 80+ mph feels like 60. And if you're reasonably prudent with the throttle, you can get 330 miles range. But who wants to be reasonable? Ha haa!

Jud

ruby 1 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I had the hud on my vette and thought I would miss it. But I found the digital speedometer option and love.

ShaneN. is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm familiar with the term "no lift shifting" as in shifting a standard
    car without using the clutch but it appears that you guys are referring to it as some sort of options/feature - can anyone explain?

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneN. View Post
    I'm familiar with the term "no lift shifting" as in shifting a standard
    car without using the clutch but it appears that you guys are referring to it as some sort of options/feature - can anyone explain?
    From Popular Mechanics test of a 2008 HHR (1st use by GM of "no-lift shift")
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/4237014

"... essentially you shift gears without easing up on the throttle—you keep it floored. So what’s the difference between this feature and any other car with a rev limiter? Well, a rev limiter only keeps the engine from over-revving. No Lift Shift uses software to keep the turbo spooled up. So when you engage the clutch with the gas pedal floored, the turbo maintains boost and you get up to power quicker. Chevy says it shaves 0.07-seconds per shift. It’s weird to get used to, but it does work, so kudos to Chevy for thinking of us hot footers."

And from Popular Mechanics test of the '09 V (as used with a supercharger)
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/4280250

"Cadillac included GM's "No Lift Shift" electronics, which allows drivers to upshift manual-transmission cars without lifting off the gas. Simply keep your right foot planted on the gas, stab the clutch with your left, and move the shift lever—the computer automatically cuts engine power. It's power shifting without killing the trans, and it really helps the CTS-V achieve startling velocity. (Zero-to-60 time should be around four seconds.)"

Best regards,

Elie

acr_vp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Found this out last night... When you open the door, there's a little light that illuminates the ground. Helped me avoid stepping in a puddle!

Remlap is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon (Evolution Green Metallic)

Besides those mentioned, one of my favorites is the headlights moving with you in the turns. Ability to make your own playlists off the HDD. Able to record songs or pause the XM radio. Small stuff like that.

Visors do a good job blocking the sun.

ShaneN. is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by garfin View Post
    From Popular Mechanics test of a 2008 HHR (1st use by GM of "no-lift shift")
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/4237014

"... essentially you shift gears without easing up on the throttle—you keep it floored. So what’s the difference between this feature and any other car with a rev limiter? Well, a rev limiter only keeps the engine from over-revving. No Lift Shift uses software to keep the turbo spooled up. So when you engage the clutch with the gas pedal floored, the turbo maintains boost and you get up to power quicker. Chevy says it shaves 0.07-seconds per shift. It’s weird to get used to, but it does work, so kudos to Chevy for thinking of us hot footers."

And from Popular Mechanics test of the '09 V (as used with a supercharger)
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/4280250

"Cadillac included GM's "No Lift Shift" electronics, which allows drivers to upshift manual-transmission cars without lifting off the gas. Simply keep your right foot planted on the gas, stab the clutch with your left, and move the shift lever—the computer automatically cuts engine power. It's power shifting without killing the trans, and it really helps the CTS-V achieve startling velocity. (Zero-to-60 time should be around four seconds.)"

Best regards,

Elie
    i must have been tired last night, i meant to say i know what powershifting means, which i'd call no lift shfiting. keeping the gas pressed while using the clutch to quickly bang gears. but you still provided what i wanted to know. that's really cool, so it's not hard on the trans and drive line like a traditional powershift? i assume it's much easier to make the shifts then powershifting in a normal manual car? what's the determining factor for this feature to kick in? seems like it won't know you're doing it until the clutch is pushed in and throttle is all the way down. is it still pretty hard on the clutch?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.