bluetooth audio streaming - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, bluetooth audio streaming in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; This one also works well and the car's USB charges it while in use. Plug it in and forget it. ...
    taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V

Re: bluetooth audio streaming

This one also works well and the car's USB charges it while in use. Plug it in and forget it. Pairs automatically after the first pairing too.

http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Mini-ja...cuss+bluetooth

If you like it loud, a side note is, most of these play about 10% lower than if connected through the cable. Nature of bluetooth I guess...

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Here is my solution.

$19.47 Monoprice Bluetooth Receiver Link: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...2704&p_id=7364

$0.90 Monoprice USB A Male to USB A Male (for powering the receiver) Link: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

$1.50 3.5mm male to male stereo cable (I had several laying around the house) Link: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

All set up in the console:

The phone automatically pairs within range. For my Android phone, I use the Poweramp music app which launches and plays music on Bluetooth connect. It will automatically pause when the bluetooth device is not in range or it is off.

simgolfer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan, manual, silver/ebony, airaid, SW catback
    Almost exactly the same setup I have

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

I'm resurrecting this thread because I got an iPhone 6+ and it's so big that it doesn't fit in ANY of the CTS-V's center console cubbyholes. Literally the only place it fits at all is in the top half of the armrest, diagonally, and even that's just barely. And there's no way a cable would fit in there along with it. And it doesn't really fit in the cupholders either.

So now I need to look into streaming bluetooth adapters because I can't put the phone anywhere in the center console, at least not without extensive modifications. So a number of the solutions posted already in this thread should work, but there is one thing nobody mentioned in any of the reviews of any of the products - track listings. Do the track listings show up on the infotainment screen like they do when you have the phone physically connected? Also, what about the steering wheel controls? Because that, and the track info on the screen, are features I would not like to give up.

Has anybody found a bluetooth streaming solution that also enables the steering wheel controls and shows track listings?

kev5696 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by VMoose
    Here is my solution. $19.47 Monoprice Bluetooth Receiver Link: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...2704&p_id=7364 $0.90 Monoprice USB A Male to USB A Male (for powering the receiver) Link: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2 $1.50 3.5mm male to male stereo cable (I had several laying around the house) Link: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2 All set up in the console: The phone automatically pairs within range. For my Android phone, I use the Poweramp music app which launches and plays music on Bluetooth connect. It will automatically pause when the bluetooth device is not in range or it is off.
    Works great for my iphone5!!!
    Doesn't show track listings but volume control works on steering wheel.

hank213 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thank you for this post. I agree that we should sticky it as well. This was the only problem I could find before buying my V.

Well I made a decision for my situation, so I figured I'd post what I learned for future reference.

The impetus for your decision can be broken down by one main choice:

1. You still want to be able to control tracks with the steering wheel buttons, and you want track listings on the screen, or
    2. You don't care about track listings or being able to skip tracks, you just want music to play

1. If you want to be able to control tracks from the steering wheel and see the track listings on the screen, you must use Cadillac's wired system. There is no bluetooth system I've found that will also transmit the USB data component wirelessly, therefore you don't get track listings and can't change tracks via the head unit or steering wheel. So this means you need a device that is physically connected to the car. That can be via the Cadillac 30-pin adapter (with an additional Apple lightning adapter for newer Apple devices), or a USB flash drive, or you can transfer songs to the built in 10GB hard drive.

2. All the other solutions in this thread work for this method, and the most popular one looks like the monoprice bluetooth adapter, as it will automatically start playing music again when it connects to your phone. This will allow you to keep your phone in your pocket, and music will stream wirelessly to the head unit, but you will still need to use your phone as the control device to switch tracks. The benefit is, obviously, no wired connection to your phone is needed.

I'm part of the first group, I want to be able to choose playlists, switch tracks, see the tracks on the screen and all that good stuff. My problem is my iPhone 6+ doesn't fit anywhere in any of the center console cubbyholes, so I can't connect my phone to the Cadillac system any more. I mean not without extensive modifications and rewiring, which I'm not qualified to do and don't really want to.

So that left me very few options. The USB stick thing is kind of a PITA, it's picky about how you format the drive and how you organize the folders, and I didn't want to go through all that. I already had established playlists in iTunes that I didn't want to recreate manually on a flash drive. So here was my solution:

Refurbished iPod Nano

And this may not work as a solution for everybody, but the benefits are that it works with all the playlists I had already created, and the CTS-V sees it like it sees an iPhone - exactly the same. And it's very small and thin, and you can just leave it in the car. All I had to do was plug it into iTunes, literally just drag and drop all my playlists onto it, and that was it. The downsides are that, yes, it's much more expensive than a bluetooth streaming adapter or a USB stick, so this is a somewhat situational solution. I would recommend it for anybody who manages their music with iTunes. That link goes to Apple's refurb site where you can get a Nano (the cheapest iPod that will work in this way) for 1/3 off retail, and it comes with a full Apple warranty and in all the original Apple packaging, etc.

Not the cheapest option, but for me it was the best because now I have all my playlists back and all the track info and I can control it from the steering wheel just like I used to.

AdmiralB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    Well I made a decision for my situation, so I figured I'd post what I learned for future reference.
    Does the nano have the same "can't display artist/album/track" limitations as the iPhones? I figure it would, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralB View Post
    Does the nano have the same "can't display artist/album/track" limitations as the iPhones? I figure it would, but doesn't hurt to ask.
    What limitation is that? With both my iPhone and the iPod, it displays the track and artist on the screen, I'm not sure what you're referring to.

AdmiralB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    What limitation is that? With both my iPhone and the iPod, it displays the track and artist on the screen, I'm not sure what you're referring to.
    The fact that you can't sort artist/album/track. If I select "artist", it just shows all tracks for each artist - it doesn't subgroup by album. All my other cars do, but not this one.

I almost wonder if it's some MS-Apple thing - MS intentionally getting little digs at Apple users...

I'm still not sure what you're getting at. I just looked on my iPhone right now and if I select Artists, it lists each artists, how many albums of theirs I have, and how many songs. If I tap on the artist, It does break it down into albums and then songs. It even keeps the tracks in order of their listing on the album. Whatever you're talking about is not a limitation of the iPhone or iPod. It could be a limitation of the CTS-V's infotainment system though, it is at least 7 years old now, since it was developed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.