bluetooth audio streaming - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, bluetooth audio streaming in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by JimmyH The USB port may not put out enough voltage to charge all phones. Indeed....
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    The USB port may not put out enough voltage to charge all phones.
    Indeed.

Gary Veeeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV
    My iPhone works just fine With the bees Bluetooth tooth system. the only thing is I haven't read about that yet but I can't say the persons name I have to use actual phone numbers

Gary Veeeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV
    Sorry that post was really messed up. This may also have been said previously about my Apple iPhone works fine with pairing with the V. I was going to say the only thing I not figured out is to use contact names instead of numbers..

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

Re: bluetooth audio streaming

Quote Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
    Here is what I just bought. I'll let you know how it works. The only thing I don't know is if the V's USB port will charge it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

If The V's USB will not charge it, I'll get one of these..

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Powerj..._bxgy_e_text_y
    So did this work? i want to pick this up as well.

Also can the phone pair with two devices at one time? Phone with the Caddy and Audio with this?

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Yes, works perfectly. The UBS port on the V charges this. The only issue is you can't charge it while using it. I attached it to the inside of the console and streamed music for 2+ hours with no issue. I didn't check to see if I could pair the phone with the BT in the car. I will verify that this week but I'm away now and don't have my V with me.

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by simgolfer View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Do you know if you have to re-pair your phone each time you get in the car or does it do it automatically? BTW, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3
    Just tried the monoprice adapter out in the V. Works great!! My phone said it was connected to both the bluetooth adapter and the car. It also paired automatically.

I also bought a $1 USB A Male to USB A Male cable to power it while inside the console.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

So with all the good things I have heard about the Monoprice unit I decided to pick one of these up and do a head-to head with the Go Grove BlueGate.

1.) Physical size: The Monoprice unit is HUGE compared to the BlueGate unit.
    Advantage: BlueGate

2.) Ease of connectivity: The Bluegate has a cord built in and tucked neatly against the side of the storage bin. You need to buy a 3.5mm-3.5mm cable for the Monoprice unit. the Bluegate also comes with a 5V to USB to charge the battery. The Monoprice was really designed for in home use and requires a separate USB cable to power it.
    Advantage: BlueGate
    3.) Bluetooth connectivity: Both devices paired with my Samsung GNEX and Blackberry 9810 easily. The Monoprice unit has auto reconnect. You need to hold the power button on the BlueGate.
    Advantage:Monoprice
    4.) Sound Quality: Both use A2DP and I have used both for several hours with no issues. Both sound fairly good. Not audiophile good but then we are talking compressed music on a car system.
    Advantage: Tie
    5.) Power: This BlueGate has a built in battery that you need to charge for 2-3 hours. You can use the USB in the V to charge the device, but you cannot charge it and use it at the same time. The Monorpice unit has no battery built in but allows you to use a male USB-A to male USB-A to connect to the USB to power it.
    Advantage: Monoprice

So the bottom line:
    For size and built in connectivity, I would go with the BlueGate
    If size is not an issue, and you don't mind buying a couple extra cables, go with the Monoprice unit.

I'm sticking with the Monoprice unit. The reason being it auto connects to your device, stays powered as long is you leave it plugged into the USB port. Having to charge the BlueGate, and not being able to use it while it charges is a big turn off for me. Also requiring you to open the console and hold the power button of the BlueGate every time you enter he car is annoying. I think in the end the monoprice was also cheaper, even after buying the 2 cables needed. I'm thinking the 5 dollar savings is not a big deal to folks you bought a V. I was looking for the best device for my needs. The Monoprice unit fits my needs better. YMMV

Anyone want to buy a slightly used BlueGate with about 8 hours of use on it?

based on your review i just cancelled my order of BlueGate and ordering a mono price

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Awesome review Mike!!!! I'm sure this will be super helpful to other members. I know I've been enjoying the monoprice adapter this week, and your comments are on point. Yes you have to piece together a few cables, but it does fit tidily in the console even if it's slightly larger.

can we sticky this post please? i am sensing more and more V owners will probably want to know this

McGuffy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Doesn't have to charge the phone, just the Bluetooth receiver.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    USB 2.0 ports put out 500mA at 12V, and every car's cig port is going to be putting out 12-14.4V

That's enough for any phone.

Good post OP, I may pick one of these up!

USB port outs 5-6 Volts

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Computer manufacturers don't strictly adhere to the usb standards. Car manufacturers are even less likely to adhere to them.

The other issue is that the amperage and voltage are not particularly steady in automobiles. Some electronics devices are ok with this. Some are not.

asilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ariel Atom 2007 Lexus GS 350 WTB CTS-V

has anyone tried this?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...#specification

unsure if it will work with the car's operating system

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.