Another fix from GM for clicking wheels - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Another fix from GM for clicking wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Do the new wheels nuts look different then the original ones the car came with ?? I thought I read ...
    akh
    akh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS 2011 CTS-V COUPE

Re: Another fix from GM for clicking wheels

Do the new wheels nuts look different then the original ones the car came with ?? I thought I read something about a new style rim if the clicking was not resolved with cleaning and new nuts ???

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    New wheels were on a previous iteration of the TSB that sadly I missed out on. That evolved into new rotors and then the lugs.

kaoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by carterb View Post
    Just got the TSB done today (at 10k miles) with the new front wheel lugs, and so far no clicking ...
    It will come back. Try reversing in and locking the wheel out see if you hear it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    New wheels were on a previous iteration of the TSB that sadly I missed out on. That evolved into new rotors and then the lugs.
    I was able to get them to do the rotors for me as a courtesy.

Clicking is back I have had all the TSB done still nothing. I have gotten pretty far internally with GM and they are talking now to the techs responsible directly.

I remember one of the TSB showing they were working on a permanent solution by the end of this year still haven't seen anything..

I have had the screen issue also going on with white lines though it. See this thread if you have it happening to you. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3158250

mrk4543 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe; 2008 ZO6 Corvette

Some of these things kinda make you wonder what the engineers are doing.....I had the dreaded wheel clicking problem....dealer did the cleaning routine (per the TSB)...clicking came back and I took the dealer a copy of the TSB showing rotor replacement. They replaced the rotors....took them a copy of the lug nut replacement TSB....they replaced the lug nuts and torqued to the new spec. For some reason, the new rotors have warped...another set of new rotors at 24,000 miles. But, they won't replace the pads under warranty. I am working on that issue with Cadillac Customer Service as we speak. The other issue has been the differential...replace once and then replaced again 6 months later. Kinda makes me wonder what will happen next....life goes on!

Marty

I'm sick of going to my dealership.. And the best compensation they could offer me was to pay half my car payment for the month.. She has escalated it though..

I will keep you posted she's supposed to be in contact with me tomorrow.

Problems went away for about a few weeks been living with the awful clicking... Due for my first service going to bring it up yet again..

Come on Cadillac. Been to my dealer 5 times had a loaner for over 1 week on 4 occasions..

Somethings gotta give..

mkiiina is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

I had my lugs swapped a few months ago and still golden (knock on wood)!

Any updates to the TSBs?

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

I just read about this for the first time. I don't have any clicking in my wheels, that I have heard yet, but I am also in New England so I roll with the windows up for the winter months. Maybe I'll have to check for this with them down but I'm pretty sure I would have heard it already. My rotors are one piece and I have a Sedan and none of the brake TSB's have been done to my car.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaoz View Post
    Any updates to the TSBs?
    I would love to be provided with another update.
    First: Cleaning method= didn't work
    Second: Replace front brake rotors entirely = didn't work but made us happy
    Third: Replace lug nuts and also clean = Definitely not a long-term fix for most people from what I have read, clicking still exists.
    Fourth: ?? Long-term fix would be to sell our Cadillacs, let's hope GM get's to it before I do.

What year do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by hawlyns711 View Post
    I just read about this for the first time. I don't have any clicking in my wheels, that I have heard yet, but I am also in New England so I roll with the windows up for the winter months. Maybe I'll have to check for this with them down but I'm pretty sure I would have heard it already. My rotors are one piece and I have a Sedan and none of the brake TSB's have been done to my car.

----------

I would love to be provided with another update.
    First: Cleaning method= didn't work
    Second: Replace front brake rotors entirely = didn't work but made us happy
    Third: Replace lug nuts and also clean = Definitely not a long-term fix for most people from what I have read, clicking still exists.
    Fourth: ?? Long-term fix would be to sell our Cadillacs, let's hope GM get's to it before I do.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

Quote Originally Posted by kaoz View Post
    What year do you have?
    Mine is an 09. Does the cliicking happen in all the wheels?

Just the front.

Pphilthy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Clicking is back! Had the TSB for the lug nuts done and it resolved the clicking noise for 3k miles but now it's back and louder (and annoying) than ever... I love this car, but this clicking is just too annoying for me... Going to give caddy one last try and then I'll be ready to part with the clickmobile...

nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

Quote Originally Posted by Pphilthy View Post
    Clicking is back! Had the TSB for the lug nuts done and it resolved the clicking noise for 3k miles but now it's back and louder (and annoying) than ever... I love this car, but this clicking is just too annoying for me... Going to give caddy one last try and then I'll be ready to part with the clickmobile...
    If the clicking is "louder" now after the lug change, then I guess it clearly shows that the issue is with the lugs. Maybe they need to try a different material or go back to the 150 lb'ft torque?

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

I think the clicking is a result of weak abs....
    Trapspeed and Trapspeed like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.