Another fix from GM for clicking wheels - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Another fix from GM for clicking wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by MaximumPwr Instead of going to the dealer, I just ordered the new blue cone lug nuts from ...
    theamcguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Re: Another fix from GM for clicking wheels

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumPwr View Post
    Instead of going to the dealer, I just ordered the new blue cone lug nuts from gmpartshouse.com. I installed them on the front wheels this weekend. I got lazy and didn't remove the wheel to clean it before installing. To my amazement it worked, the clicking stopped, all quiet again. I still don't know why the new blue lugs stopped the clicking because they don't look much different then the OEM's. They do stick out just a little bit more than the OEM lugs though. If it starts again I'll remove the wheels and clean it like GM suggests. But I hope this does the trick.
    I wonder if the old nuts were bottoming out inside on the stud preventing the nut from fully seating the wheel tight against the hub.

MaximumPwr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1012 CTS-V

That is an interesting thought AMCGUY. If true I wonder if I should also order and change out the rear lugs nuts to the blue ones. Those that have had the dealer perform lug nut TSB, are they changing out just the fronts, or the rears also?

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Quote Originally Posted by theamcguy View Post
    I wonder if the old nuts were bottoming out inside on the stud preventing the nut from fully seating the wheel tight against the hub.
    I tried that, and mine still ad about 1/4" inside the hole. Besides, the stud would just push a dimple in the end of that metal covering. I wanted to see how big a spacer I could use.

kaoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

Well good news got them to put on the new rotors for me free of charge! I had to wait a week for the lug nuts now I'm sitting in the dealer waiting for the lugs to be swapped! Hopefully this is the last time i have to drive out here.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

An update on mine - Mine had clicking wheels when I got it, the dealer fixed it by cleaning the rotors and mounting surfaces, and that was 6 or 7 months ago - problem has not returned. For whatever that's worth.

My clicking was never fixed. Waited a week and a half for the damn lug nuts. They called me in to swap em... Took them about 15 minutes.. They came out to send me on my way.. After I checked the TSB myself I noticed they had to clean the wheels in which they INFACT did NOT do they just swapped the lug nuts and torqued them down to normal specs not the revised torque specs..

Not to mention now my rear view camera is all glitchy, it does not keep the camera on and has a black screen with white lines moving through it. This started occurring since I left the dealership that day.. I believe it has something to down on the driver side carpet they had to replace since clips where broken by the drivers pedal..

I have a long case with Cadillac customer service and I am working directly with the regional manager in my area.

I will update you guys on the outcome..

For how much I am paying for this car, there is no excuse on Cadillac end on why I am having these issues. They of course agreed..

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

If anyone lives near Racine, Wisconsin, I'd love to inspect a "clicker" myself.

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon
    They cleaned my front wheels only and installed all 20 lug nuts. They did not clean the rear wheels.

No more clicking for me so far.

CTexaS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by kaoz View Post
    Not to mention now my rear view camera is all glitchy, it does not keep the camera on and has a black screen with white lines moving through it. This started occurring since I left the dealership that day.. I believe it has something to down on the driver side carpet they had to replace since clips where broken by the drivers pedal..
    Kaoz, I have been having the glitchy rear view camera issue too, but have been unable to reproduce it when I have it at the dealer. Have you found any cause/fix for this? It seems to go away whenever I restart the car.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just this is the first time someone else has mentioned this same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CTexaS-V View Post
    Kaoz, I have been having the glitchy rear view camera issue too, but have been unable to reproduce it when I have it at the dealer. Have you found any cause/fix for this? It seems to go away whenever I restart the car.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just this is the first time someone else has mentioned this same problem.
    CTexaS-V,

I had them replace the entire screen and back camera.. Still does it.. No fix yet. I did notice however it may be due to cooler weather? I also noticed it is not just prone to the rear view camera when I start the car and the screen is already up it does it sometimes.. Good to know I am not the only one with this issue.

WHEEL CLICKING UPDATE.

I had the rotors done and new lug nuts put on after they clean them and torque them to the new specs. I am getting the clicking again more noticeably in reverse.

Anyone else had there clicking come back?

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Since the new rotors, no. Quiet as a church mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    Since the new rotors, no. Quiet as a church mouse.
    Have you attempted to reverse with wheel turned all the way each way? My 2012 has had everything done to date and still clicks.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    No. Haven't had the opportunity but I've been close to full lock.

mkiiina is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Just had the new lugs installed on my '11 and so far no complained! My car no longer sounds like a bike with cards in its spokes.

carterb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS,DI gray,prem (sold); 2012 CTS-V sedan, gray, auto

Just got the TSB done today (at 10k miles) with the new front wheel lugs, and so far no clicking ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.