Another fix from GM for clicking wheels - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Another fix from GM for clicking wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; [QUOTE="Gary Veeeee"]Long day, although it was better than yesterday. I was able today to call my original salesman that sold ...
    Gary Veeeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV
    [QUOTE="Gary Veeeee"]Long day, although it was better than yesterday. I was able today to call my original salesman that sold me the car. Salesman called the order in which they both agreed to meet me at the dealership in the afternoon. When I arrived the owner of dealership was looking very closely at the roof and the whole car with a disgusted look on his face. I really wanted to go crazy and start screaming up and down, thought I'd keep my composure. I explained everything and the owner with no hesitation agreed this was a serious problem. I was expecting something different for some reason. Well after we spoke , the owner gave me several options in which I have to think about. Car obviously is going back on Tuesday for paint and body work repair. After the car is done I will make my decision on what option I plan to take. I really don't want to go into specifics but they made me happy with making things right. It was actually pleasant to be understood without them being on the defensive. I really thought I was going to be basically screwed and have a long drawnout war in regards to this issue, I feel a hell of a lot better. Thanks to all who listen. Oh yeah, my wife is not going to divorce me over this. LOL

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Re: Another fix from GM for clicking wheels

Glad it worked out ok for you, sounds like you have a decent dealer unlike the dealer I bought my car through (Herb Chambers) who could not give a crap about the fact the fender had been changed out on the new CTS-V I bought from them.

turbol15 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 eldo,2011 cts-v

what did they do?

Nothing, I have a appointment to have it lined up right Sept 4th and will have to pay myself. I was hoping they would work with me on trading it in on a new wagon (it's a sedan and not enough space inside) but they would not do that either. I would never ever deal with those clowns again at Herb Chambers Cadillac in Warwick RI. You don't expect to buy a new car with a replaced fender, heck if I'd known that was the case I would have just bought a used car. It should have been disclosed, they knew the fender had been replaced. I did not know until I was looking under the hood one day and realized it was not lined up right and took it back to them and that's when they told me it was the fender and then would not call me back. The not calling me back and ignoring me was what really bothered me, no apologies or anything. I'm going to get a sticker across the bumper on the car saying "Do not buy from Herb Chambers" for what they did to me. This whole thing is going to cost them a lot of money and hopefully eventually they will go out of business.

Anyhow, sorry to go off topic here, I am just pissed off. As far as the clicking wheels, yes my car has that too, I'm not even going to worry about that, it's the least of my worries, I've also got the Differential whine on the highway too, changed the rear end oil around 500 miles ago, made no difference, the whine still continues to get worse.

theamcguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Looks like the new lug nut 9598179 is a standard GM item. It was used on Saabs, Buick Regals and the SRX. You can get them for $2.16 a piece from GM Parts Direct.

More than likely the clicking would come back just replacing a wheel lug, it might go away temporarily though and it least that would placate the customer for a little while till eventually they just lived with the clicking noise and accepted it.
    Club Malibu and Club Malibu like this.

If the nosie is caused by aluminum to aluminum contact I still don't see why a thin rubber or hard plastic (like the kind on a milk carton) gasket would not work.

Does anyone have a picture of just the new lug nut showing the blue insert at the conical end as mentioned in the new TSB. Could you please post it.

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

Here is a pic of the new lugnut.Attachment 96953
    Club Malibu and Club Malibu like this.

Thank you for the picture.

Gary Veeeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV
    Tell you what, I would never get used to that clicking. And if that's a standard GM part that should be a stock item in any parts department? I was told it was special order and will be in next week. Dealer said or I should say service manager said they were limited on the V parts and that's why they have to order everything. I really hope the factory gets this fix right this i. I will not ignore that noise on mine it is severe. I wish I got the rotors since the new TSB says to run with the replaced rotors. I'd be much happier if that was the case instead of just a $2.16 part Times 10. However, I don't care now this car is only short-term .I will have fun with it for a little while anyways. I I love the fact that three point turns are now one.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
    Bleh. It sounds like this is just another temp solution. The answer for me has been to switch out wheels depending on the season. I have a winter and a summer set. I am now at just under 44 k miles and haven't had the clicking for over 30k miles.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

hmmmmm interesting. I have never had the dreaded wheel click. I got the car at 3500 miles and swaped out the stock rims for stock rims that were redone in black chrome PVD. Had the rims off a couple times for installing springs and still no clicking. I do know that the black chrome PVD is also on the mating side of the rim and rotor. It is not raw aluminum like the factory rim. I think there is some merit to a coating/barrier/gasket that could solve the clicking. Similar to the backing plate or grease added to the back of brake pads to prevent squeaks.....
    hulksdaddy and hulksdaddy like this.

Pphilthy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Dropped my car off at dealer on Friday, appointment was made two weeks ago - when I called they told me I had to wait that long because they needed to order new rotors... I called them on Thursday after learning about the new lug nuts TSB and they told me they did not hear about that and to just come down and get the new rotors... I get there first thing in Friday morning and while checking in the car I tell the service writer about the new TSB and ask him to confirm they have all parts required before I leave, he tells me the fix is new rotors.

So the whole day goes by and no call from dealer, I called them an hour before closing and ask if my car was done, well guess what, they tell me what I already told them two times already, the new fix is lug nuts and they need to order them. So basically I drove down there for nothing and now have to return again in a week...

Cadillac service really leaves a lot to be desired... I don't care what the fix is, but I want a fix.

wow, sounds like something the dealer I deal with would do. I'd still try to get the rotors if I were you, dunno if they will do it, but the 2 piece are suppose to be a lot better than the others.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.