Another fix from GM for clicking wheels - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Another fix from GM for clicking wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Why don't they just have a TSB to take an arc welder and weld the studs to the wheels? that ...
    1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Re: Another fix from GM for clicking wheels

Why don't they just have a TSB to take an arc welder and weld the studs to the wheels? that would fix it and only cost them one welding stick per car. This way lugs will be unecessary and they won't even have to pay up for those.

pharmdc5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-v
    Just drove out of dealership with both, 2 piece rotors and new lug nuts...... All the way to work - no clicking! Timed It just right!

Gary Veeeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV
    Had my appointment today for rotors dealer ordered them on Monday. Went in to have them installed ,he said he just found out that the Lugnuts is the problem and had to order them. Parts are backed up one week great. Have had the car less than two weeks now. Its funny my last car was a 05 Dodge Magnum RT with a Hemi and the first two months I was running back and forth to the dealer replacing tie rod ends. However with my Magnum the problem never really did get fixed I was always replacing the a
    Passenger side at least one a year. Now I am a little concerned with the Lugnuts being the problem . Todd, my service manager, said it's not an unsafe condition. I don't get it what is actually rattling if it's the Lugnuts the wheel loose ?something hitting the rotor ? All I know is I have to figure out someway to tell my wife that this is safe .She was freaking out about the rotors. And it's kind of embarrassing that my new $60,000 car is being repaired all the time. I'm okay with working out the bugs in a product ,but shouldn't the dealer have at least seen that service bulletin about the rotors when the car was on the lot? Why wouldn't they have at least replace the rotors before I took delivery when the other service bulletins were out ? Todd told me today yeah your vehicle the Vin number range for rotors , well don't they check their inventory when bulletins come out? I worked at a motorcycle dealership for many years and as soon as Honda sent out repair bulletins that was the first thing we checked . They were great clean repairs and paid by the factory. My V dealer
    would've been paid by warranty. Now that I think of it before we did delivery on a bike we had to check for updates. That was part of the pre delivery check list." Whatever" I don't know this is just a little depressing right now. Oh yeah, Todd said they checked out the headlights for the for fogging problem I had on the first day I drove it he said "they were fine"....okay..,

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Veeeee
    Had my appointment today for rotors dealer ordered them on Monday. Went in to have them installed ,he said he just found out that the Lugnuts is the problem and had to order them. Parts are backed up one week great. Have had the car less than two weeks now. Its funny my last car was a 05 Dodge Magnum RT with a Hemi and the first two months I was running back and forth to the dealer replacing tie rod ends. However with my Magnum the problem never really did get fixed I was always replacing the a
    Passenger side at least one a year. Now I am a little concerned with the Lugnuts being the problem . Todd, my service manager, said it's not an unsafe condition. I don't get it what is actually rattling if it's the Lugnuts the wheel loose ?something hitting the rotor ? All I know is I have to figure out someway to tell my wife that this is safe .She was freaking out about the rotors. And it's kind of embarrassing that my new $60,000 car is being repaired all the time. I'm okay with working out the bugs in a product ,but shouldn't the dealer have at least seen that service bulletin about the rotors when the car was on the lot? Why wouldn't they have at least replace the rotors before I took delivery when the other service bulletins were out ? Todd told me today yeah your vehicle the Vin number range for rotors , well don't they check their inventory when bulletins come out? I worked at a motorcycle dealership for many years and as soon as Honda sent out repair bulletins that was the first thing we checked . They were great clean repairs and paid by the factory. My V dealer
    would've been paid by warranty. Now that I think of it before we did delivery on a bike we had to check for updates. That was part of the pre delivery check list." Whatever" I don't know this is just a little depressing right now. Oh yeah, Todd said they checked out the headlights for the for fogging problem I had on the first day I drove it he said "they were fine"....okay..,
    Great been waiting for my dealer to call to pick up car. I already knew I would have to go back next week for the Lugnuts . Today even though they didn't have the parts to repair the click, they still had to do some cosmetic work on left rear quarter small scratch and replace middle console due to scratches, these were all things I noticed during delivery. Scratch in the rear quarter was very small, I almost didn't say nothing I could rub it out myself. Due to the expense of the car and then having a body shop they said they would take care of it when they installed the consul pieces. Well, Technician rubbed too much out now has to go to body shop for paint on the rear quarter. This sucks you can never match factory paint I don't care who paints it. I'm pissed, they wanted me to keep their loaner car which is a base sedan over the weekend until the repairs were done. I told them no I want to drive my car this weekend three day weekend. Now I think he's irked because they have to stay until I get there and they are already closed. Or he doesn't want me to see the damage. I can't believe this.. I thought this was a very reputable dealer salesman was great, so far I'm not impressed with the rest. , My wife's going to kill me!!!1

Oh my God, I'm going to be sick...... This car looks like a two-year-old ran the buffer over it. I thought they were just going to try to fix the scratch on the quarter panel but it looks like it got away from them,they started to feather and decided to do the whole car. I ran a buffer before and it's a fine art you have to know what you're doing especially with these types of Paint ,tri coat Tints are extremely difficult if you don't go with the flow or stay on the edges too long the paint very easily burns and will show distinctive lines from the buffer. The wheel well the rounded edge above the lip is where the scratch was .They continually went over the edge which you can see with the naked eye the discoloration and streaks going side to side like the shape of a rainbow over the rear flared quarter panel .9I almost think they tried to wet sand before using the buffer that's how deep the streaks are. Now the car goes from being red to a pinkish hue along with all the lines of the car. The buffer was obviously on too fast of speed and on the edges too long . I was wondering why the car was still in the garage when I came to pick it up .All the lights were off , Todd stated "yeah I'm not happy the way the quarter panel came out . I have to put one of my senior guys on it next week. Bring it back in when we get the wheel nuts for the clicking."When I arrived home and saw the car almost fell over with the paint in the sun. It's a complete mess on top of that there's paste all in the black seals and other areas. I don't know, the average person probably would not notice but being into cars and knowing paint finishes. This is unacceptable.

I'm sorry I hit the post button too soon. Just a few more of my ranting and raving. One of the main reasons I chose to buy my CTS V Cadillac was the quality of workmanship in fit and finish on the product. Any Cadillac rep looking at this car would agree. I believe anybody in this forum would agree with what I'm talking about. The damages more noticeable from the rear the car ,hood around the beveled edges you can notice it also. this is going to be a long weekend for me I am beyond disappointed and can't believe what has happened today. This day has been a complete waste of time.I did not get my wheel clicking repaired but the car is in worse condition. to top things off it's only two weeks so I really haven't been able enjoy the Car. Lastly I just noticed looking at the car on the driver side along the roof edge ,above the center piller there are too dents right next to each other looking at an angle. The passenger side doesn't have this I noticed it because of the color difference inside the dents they are darker and again along the edge of the dents it starts to fade into a lighter shade of red . I know this car has a reinforced roll cage could this be some type of welding point? Anybody notice these dents on their car mines a 2012 and if you're looking on the driver side kind of at an angle along the roof edge above the driver that's where they are . This is the least of my worries ,I'm really sick to my stomach. This is going to drive me crazy until tuesday...thanks for listening..... any advice would be helpful..

turbol15 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 eldo,2011 cts-v

get a lawyer

Okay, if anyone is reading any of this little follow-up. Last night my buddy that owns a autobody shop came over to look at the car for me . He brought some equipment to see what he can do. I don't know what he did ,but everything it's not as bad as I thought . the paint to me look for these said no it's the paint itself has a flopping feature depending how you look at it in the sun.

theamcguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

GM has stated the noise is caused by aluminum to aluminum contact. Then the fix (two piece rotors) still has aluminum to aluminum contact. First off the fix was expensive and did not cure the problem in 100% of the cases. Any fix via a TSB has to work 100% of the time or it is not a fix. We'll see if the lug nuts work 100% of the time. It may end up being that for a 100% fix some cars may need both. What I can't figure out is if the noise is caused by aluminum to aluminum contact why didn't they develop some kind of very tough thin gasket to go between the wheel and rotor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Veeeee
    Okay, if anyone is reading any of this little follow-up. Last night my buddy that owns a autobody shop came over to look at the car for me . He brought some equipment to see what he can do. I don't know what he did ,but it's not as bad as I thought . the paint to me looked discolored on the edges he ,said no it's the paint itself has a flopping feature depending how you look at it in the sun.
    Neil then ran his buffer with his anti-swirl type paste and was able to get the swirl marks out of the paint. So, the only thing now is the rear quarter definitely damaged from the dealer. It has to be repainted because they went through the clear coat trying to remove the scratch. My auto body guy Neil said it has to be repainted because they removed all the clear down to the paint. Looking at it now I'm definitely feeling better however, I'm still pissed still have the clicking which we hope Lugnuts will take care of and now the car has to be painted which doesn't sit with me well. I also have to check about those dents or ripples above the door on the edge of the roof. Again if anybody notice these ripples or dents on there V please post. There is nothing on the passenger side only driver side . They may have something to do with the roll cage. Possibly the weld marks, I don't know ? Have a great day guys......

Gary, if they the dealer did that to the car then they need to take it back and eat it. how many miles does the car have on it? because even if they fix it it will be in your mind that they painted it.

Quote Originally Posted by turbol15
    Gary, if they the dealer did that to the car then they need to take it back and eat it. how many miles does the car have on it? because even if they fix it it will be in your mind that they painted it.
    Turbo, car has 608 , 150 was on it before I purchased. As I said earlier, as I said earlier, just off the lot two weeks ago . Your absolutely right because it's got me nuts. It's my mind all time. What are my options here I live in New York there's lemon policy I don't think it qualifies for that. I also really enjoyed the car. If they take it back the only other dealer is about 100 miles north of me.

you want another car case closed. call the bbb.whatever it is you need to do. they scratched,burned the paint clear coat etc. they have to buy back the car from you as it is unacceptable what they have done.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Was going to call on Tuesday to make an appointment for the new rotors........ damn!

Long day, although it was better than yesterday.w

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.