Check engine light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Check engine light in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; When I got into my car after work today and started it, the check engine light came on. Called Onstar ...
    carterb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS,DI gray,prem (sold); 2012 CTS-V sedan, gray, auto

Check engine light

When I got into my car after work today and started it, the check engine light came on. Called Onstar on the way home and they ran diagnostics and told me it was an emissions control malfunction (car seems to be hesitating slightly) and told me that if it didn't reset in 7 cycles then schedule an appointment. Just turned over 8000 miles in 8 months. I scheduled an appointment to the dealer for Monday ... oh well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Re: Check engine light

Most common is a rear 02 sensor not reading properly. Its likely nothing and they will clear it for you and it wont happen again. I had one pop up, cleared it and it never came back.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Carterb, please let us know how your dealership appointment goes! If you'd like me to follow-up with your dealer at any point, please feel free to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

The check engine light cleared last August with no issues. Car wasn't serviced. Update - The light just popped on again this morning (15k miles now) . Called OnStar again and they told me that it was emission control malfunction again, if doesn't clear in 7 cycles, then schedule an appointment. We'll see what happens ...

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Quote Originally Posted by carterb
    The check engine light cleared last August with no issues. Car wasn't serviced. Update - The light just popped on again this morning (15k miles now) . Called OnStar again and they told me that it was emission control malfunction again, if doesn't clear in 7 cycles, then schedule an appointment. We'll see what happens ...
    Something to try.. Check the gas cap... If its not twisted on tight it will set an emission code.

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

What code is it throwing? I had a persistent CEL and eventually they wound p replacing the O2 sensors and all the cats.

I didn't get the code. Not sure how to get it without a scanner.

I got it fixed at the dealer last Tuesday. The codes were P0442 Evap Emission Small Leak and P0449 Evap Emission Control Vent Valve/Solenoid malfunction. They replaced the Evap vent/solenoid valve near the gas tank - said it was leaking through. Said that this cleared the codes. (Service tech also mentioned there was a bulletin out on this issue.) So far so good ...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by carterb View Post
    I got it fixed at the dealer last Tuesday. The codes were P0442 Evap Emission Small Leak and P0449 Evap Emission Control Vent Valve/Solenoid malfunction. They replaced the Evap vent/solenoid valve near the gas tank - said it was leaking through. Said that this cleared the codes. (Service tech also mentioned there was a bulletin out on this issue.) So far so good ...
    Hello carterb,

Thank you for updating us on your situation. I am happy to hear the dealership was able to diagnose and fix your issues. If there are ever additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us. Enjoy driving your Cadillac

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.